Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:59 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy
You had seperate checking accounts?!

So he basically paid $3k to sleep w/you.

I think he got ripped off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's an assinine and mean thing to say. Grow up.
I agree. Elliot Spitzer spent that much a day. Seems like a bargain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 12:06 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It's true though.....do you really wanna be 50 and say I have no wife....nor kids?
I have to answer to my mother for that. Sometimes elderly women have a bird - of sorts - but they are from a different era.

However, among males over 40, this is not a concern. Some women my age think we are shirkers, but that's their problem. Funny when they are divorced. I suppose THEY came out okay.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:42 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Like I said..I enjoy being married and if I break up with this one I'll have another one show up to re-train me so I fit HER idea of a slovenly idiot.

I am now actually looking forward to hearing loss tho' since I found out from my uncle that he turns his hearing aid off as soon as he walks in the door of his house....

"Where have YOU been all day?"

"Huh?"

'WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL DAY??"

"Say what?"

"Forget it you old bastard!"

""

*walks off whistling to self

Old 07-09-2009, 01:54 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
This happened to me a number of times but.............

While women who are 20+ years older than you have the experience to know who is a good prospect, let me tell you, this is the kiss of death. Who listens to their mother in such matters, anyway? Besides, it can be really embarrassing when their daughter's eyes roll around in their head like a pinball machine. So don't let this go to your head. You've obviously worked on the wrong attributes! Work on your inner a$$hole. Just don't let her mother see that.
ROFL!!!! It's amazing how many of those my mum thought would be "perfect for me" turned out to be gay! Mums back then had no sense of such things -- heh, there was no mention of anything like gaydar! So, when they encountered guys who were handsome, neat, successful, liked to cook, decorate and shop, they didn't even question WHY these men weren't "taken" already.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
who does not want to be loved and cared for, its genderless.
law suits , #1 cause of reluctance to marriage.
way too many avoidable divorces. too many people turning their resentment into cash.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:03 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
This one does. Just haven't found the right person.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:04 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Nah they got websites now where you meet them in Russia and you just go see them first. If it works out they usually are pretty serious. I know two people who personally did this and both seem pretty happy.

That's exactly what I need. Some Slavic woman screaming at me in a fiendish tongue I can't understand. GREAT idea.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:17 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
That's exactly what I need. Some Slavic woman screaming at me in a fiendish tongue I can't understand. GREAT idea.
"[A Russian woman] ... will stop a horse at full gallop,
Enter a burning hut ..."

Nikolay Nekrasov (1821-1878), Russian Women

Yep, that's the flaw in that whole mail-order bride thing. A woman who can actually stop horses at full gallop and stroll into burning houses isn't likely to take orders from some guy who thought she looked hot in a two-piece.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:45 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't think any man starts out wanting to get married. I believe the fears of being "tied down" and "comitted" are constantly fueled by peers and media, and even family. (Hey - I've told my own son that he shouldn't even consider it until he's at least 30! )

But I do think that most men, as they get older (and more mature - usually ) start to look at it from a different perspective - one that allows them to actually consider it.
I agree with this- my mom told me to wait - to enjoy life, see some things and have experiences single before getting tied down.

Marriage in some respects, makes me nauseous, but in others I'm looking forward to it.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:18 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,476,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
The biased female laws allow this financial fleecing possible and I'm supposed to "like or wanna" get married when females initiate 70 -75% of divorces? No Thanks.
To say nothing of the 70 cents to the dollar that women receive as opposed to men for the same work

Y'all STILL get off easy, in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships