Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 07:03 PM

551 posts, read 1,924,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
The goal of makeup should be to make it look like you aren't wearing makeup. If you look like you are wearing makeup, then it looks desperate. Maybe there are occasions where a tiny bit of dramatic flair is okay (just for fun), but only when you, say, dress up for an opera or a wedding, not on a daily basis. Maybe on the rare occasion where you just feel like dressing up, but don't make that happen too often.

If a girl looks good without any makeup, then that just makes her all the more attractive. She is in fact genetically superior (more estrogen) to the girls that need makeup to look good.
Which is strange because when I put make up on the last thing people think of me is desperate...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 08:00 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,705 times
About a million years ago I dated a girl for a short while. Her makeup was so thick that I use to imagine her scrapping the stuff off with a spatula each night. YUK!!!

Old 07-12-2009, 11:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
Which is strange because when I put make up on the last thing people think of me is desperate...
Mmm..., I was under the impression you were a guy...

Old 07-13-2009, 10:18 PM

551 posts, read 1,924,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Mmm..., I was under the impression you were a guy...
Yeah, see if I ever take that dare again!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2009, 10:21 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
It's not so much the make up and hair that men don't like but through my observations I've come to notice that most men do not like the "untouchable" pretty woman..you know the one who looks overly primped and super high maintenance, the one who won't get in the pool because of her hair or the one who wears a fulll face of makeup to the beach, or the ones who won't kiss because it'll smear their lipgloss/lipstick. It all makes sense to me now..Help me out, am I right?
Men like pretty women period. Untouchable, touchable. Brown hair, blonde hair. Short, Tall. Skinny, curvy.

Its the same for women really. Sure I have my rugged type that I find irresistable, but throw in a clean cut guy with nice eyes and a nice smile and I'm drooling all over the place. Haha, ok maybe not drooling. Maybe just happy .

Old 07-13-2009, 10:22 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Dr. Frankenfurter is that you?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:43 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,360,632 times
Quote:
It's not so much the make up and hair that men don't like but through my observations I've come to notice that most men do not like the "untouchable" pretty woman..you know the one who looks overly primped and super high maintenance, the one who won't get in the pool because of her hair or the one who wears a fulll face of makeup to the beach, or the ones who won't kiss because it'll smear their lipgloss/lipstick. It all makes sense to me now..Help me out, am I right?

Men, generally, hate women like that. They wanna make out with their women and the less that gets in the way between them and doing that, the better. I mean, you have personality types, worries about STDs, social barriers, life plans, etc etc etc getting in the way, WHY put MORE in the way??? Makes zero sense.

Women ... if you do wear makeup, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put on only a small amount, to cover the ever-so-evil-but-guys-really-don't-give-a-****-about eye bags, maybe eye liner, and dabs of stuff to cover pimples, but not too much. Too much pimples = see a dermatologist. The end.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
It's not so much the make up and hair that men don't like but through my observations I've come to notice that most men do not like the "untouchable" pretty woman..
You remind me to go to the Fashion forum tomorrow and revise some "curl" advice! Forgot to tell them the curls don't last under extreme circumstances!

Old 07-13-2009, 11:03 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,818 times
No matter how much a man says he wants a "real" woman - someone who is maybe a little over weight, or has wrinkles, or belches like a frog - deep down most guys want the FANTASY. Come on. Why do you think there are all these magazines with airbrushed women on the front? Why do you think plastic surgery is so popular?

Do you think they like Scarlett Johansen because she looks rugged, and real? Hmmmm.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:10 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,360,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
No matter how much a man says he wants a "real" woman - someone who is maybe a little over weight, or has wrinkles, or belches like a frog - deep down most guys want the FANTASY. Come on. Why do you think there are all these magazines with airbrushed women on the front? Why do you think plastic surgery is so popular?

Do you think they like Scarlett Johansen because she looks rugged, and real? Hmmmm.

Heck yea we want the fantasy!

But the OP, if you read close enough, was talking about how men are afraid of high maintenance women who are all afraid to do stuff normally they would be doing.

Don't get men wrong, we want the fantasy, but we want our cake and eat it too, not just look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships