U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 03:42 PM

9,194 posts, read 14,538,718 times

Advertisements

I mentioned a few times how I have handed out pink slips. I see another one in my future.

This gal is a friend of my best friend. She seemed to have her act together, has a great job and is single. I have a male friend who has his act together, a great job and is single. The only difference is that he is very laid back and she had a tendency to make mountains out of molehills at times, but never enough to where I thought she wasn't marketable.

Fast forward to now, I set them up, she turned out to be too heavy on him so he ditched her. He even met up with her later, thinking he'd give her another shot but he had his fill within 5 minutes of talking to her. She wouldn't accept any responsibility, it was all him wanting her to be "perfect" and all on him.

Then she latched on to a guy at the karaoke place we all go to and went ape-sh*t last week because he wasn't paying any mind to her. She went on and on about how she's been "screwed by two guys in one month", how we told her they were both good guys and they aren't, left twice, came back and left again.

Now she's back to contacting my friend. He called her out on seeing the other guy. She's saying that WE (his friends) told her to move on but she thinks he is worth fighting for and the other guy is just a good friend she dances with. She then said he makes her beg and then disses her, when he told her TWICE that he wasn't interested. Everyone else is at fault for the fact that she is nuts.

I had no idea she was this manipulative and crazy.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 04:37 PM

15,597 posts, read 35,583,874 times
And let this be a lesson learned people! Friends don't set friends up with friends...or something. Cause now your stuck in the middle and have to listen to the drama in stereo!

Old 07-09-2009, 04:43 PM

15,566 posts, read 36,935,120 times
Could you maybe hook her up with the email psycho? That outta teach her a lesson!

Old 07-09-2009, 04:45 PM

337 posts, read 705,830 times
Change your name???

Is HandoverTheMocha in your future???

Old 07-09-2009, 04:57 PM

28,905 posts, read 47,364,676 times
Never, ever do this again, PTC.

There's only one acceptable way to set people up without winding up in the middle. You have some little dinner party, or some other kind of intimate gathering. Invite both without telling each other what's up. Introduce them, mentioning that what both of them have in common. Walk away and talk to other people.

If there's chemistry, phone numbers will be exchanged. If there's not chemistry, you're not blamed.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:16 PM

9,194 posts, read 14,538,718 times
Yes, yes. Good advice....and some funny stuff. I still wanna wring her neck.

She was warned beforehand to back off with the constant nit-picking. We were all out one night and she kept telling him she would leave if he really didn't want her there. He told her if he didn't want her there, she wouldn't be there.

Then there was more trauma regarding a gal he is really good friends with, but was somewhat involved with over 2 years ago. She kept questioning me about it, saying that she didn't want to get involved if he was still hung-up on this girl. Mind you, this gal has been with her boyfriend now for about 18 months and is madly in love. Still, she kept on and on about how she thinks he is a player, creating scandal out of nothing.

No one likes to be called a liar when they are simply sharing part of their past. And no one likes confiding in someone only to have it twisted it into something it isn't. I warned her to stop creating problems where they didn't exist or he would drop her. Sure enough, he did.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:53 PM

41,430 posts, read 40,891,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I mentioned a few times how I have handed out pink slips. I see another one in my future.

This gal is a friend of my best friend. She seemed to have her act together, has a great job and is single. I have a male friend who has his act together, a great job and is single. The only difference is that he is very laid back and she had a tendency to make mountains out of molehills at times, but never enough to where I thought she wasn't marketable.

Fast forward to now, I set them up, she turned out to be too heavy on him so he ditched her. He even met up with her later, thinking he'd give her another shot but he had his fill within 5 minutes of talking to her. She wouldn't accept any responsibility, it was all him wanting her to be "perfect" and all on him.

Then she latched on to a guy at the karaoke place we all go to and went ape-sh*t last week because he wasn't paying any mind to her. She went on and on about how she's been "screwed by two guys in one month", how we told her they were both good guys and they aren't, left twice, came back and left again.

Now she's back to contacting my friend. He called her out on seeing the other guy. She's saying that WE (his friends) told her to move on but she thinks he is worth fighting for and the other guy is just a good friend she dances with. She then said he makes her beg and then disses her, when he told her TWICE that he wasn't interested. Everyone else is at fault for the fact that she is nuts.

I had no idea she was this manipulative and crazy.
While this is gonna sound pretty sexist, I really don't mean it to be.

She must not be that "hot" as women who are don't usually do this type of nonsense.

In my life the ones that chased me the hardest, weren't the most beautiful ones if you get my meaning.

Again, with the broad generalizations.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:13 PM

15,566 posts, read 36,935,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
While this is gonna sound pretty sexist, I really don't mean it to be.

She must not be that "hot" as women who are don't usually do this type of nonsense.

In my life the ones that chased me the hardest, weren't the most beautiful ones if you get my meaning.

Again, with the broad generalizations.
Broad generalizations ... Generalizations about Broads???

Old 07-09-2009, 07:48 PM

41,430 posts, read 40,891,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Broad generalizations ... Generalizations about Broads???
LMAO.

I can't believe I missed that one, damn.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:53 PM

2,043 posts, read 4,541,239 times
Main reason why I don't hook my friends up with other people I'm friends with. It will become awkward and uncomfortable for everyone involved if it doesn't work out and ends on a bad note. In the end, its just not worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or