Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 05:13 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times

Advertisements

I sure as hell don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 01:51 PM

81 posts, read 194,470 times
I pursue aggressively. If you chose not to, that makes my life much easier.

So with that, I thank you all =)

Old 05-26-2011, 02:55 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,914,785 times
I have never chased women. I rather save my money and time.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:57 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,042 times
Please excuse me for crashing this male-only thread, but I just wanted to say that, after reading a lot of the responses, I'm pleasantly surprised that there are lots of men who can focus on other things in life than merely chasing women. A lot of men have sex on their minds 24/7 and it can get annoying hearing them talk. However, knowing that many of you have other things that occupy your lives is quite refreshing to hear.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:07 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,852 times
I don't chase women and I'm in the prime age as well (early 20s) for that kind of behavior. However, when I find someone I LIKE I will pursue something.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:14 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,942 times
I'm on and off, some weeks I go to hunt in the bars and clubs every chance I get and sometimes I don't for months...

Depends on how strong the urge to get laid is. Think I'm starting to get good at suppressing it though.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:02 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,865,812 times
I don't chase women anymore, turns out I was told how to play it the wrong way. (I.e. being nice, white knight, doormat) And having gossip mongers in the family pretty much ruined things for a long time. Also, plagued with acne and a crummy job didn't help either.

So now that I've turned 30 things changed:

I've become indifferent, no longer "checking women out" especially the ones that want attention and waiting for me to make eye contact back. Too many times they actually get upset assuming I'm leering at them or something ridiculous.

Seriously, the women I had to deal with would always walk infront of me and turn around to check if I'm staring at their butts... how the hell am I supposed to not notice, keep my head down? Fat chance... I look straight ahead and maintain a narrow field of vision... and it really messes with their heads!

I don't try to dress like I have alot of money, to be honest jeans and a hawaiian shirt are very nice for a casual outfit. Some old but well taken care of sneakers or loafers, nothing too expensive since shoes wear out anyway. It really attracts the wrong kind of women.

I'm alot happier now, as in the real world that high school pressure mentality is practically gone. Sadly there are people who want to continue or relive their heyday before midlife crisis and father time destroys their fragile ego. Somehow, I'm showing alot more confidence in myself and I smile to myself, don't have to explain myself, and stand up to authority like I've never done before. It's a matter of taking a risk but calculating how to take it... and in the end, you feel that you've won and it fills me up with a sense of glee. Repeat that cycle and the world is not so bad of a place!

This seem to of also bought me attention of many women, both single and married. Go figure, even striking conversations with me... seriously women didn't want to be seen talking to me in my teens and most of my 20s, but now so far a small handful that once thought of me as a loser are willing to give me a second chance if their current relationship crumbles...

All I can say is WTF? Seriously... I didn't have any good parenting or friends to explain all this to me so I'm learning this the hard way, oh and the glorious internet! Seems the moment I stopped chasing and did things for myself I'm starting to get their attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships