Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:46 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
i tried plenty of fish and got nothing
havent tried any pay sites yet
POF is the WORST, IMO. I dated 2 guys from there- one had a gf who never told me...he was with her for 2 years and they were living together and she called me, so that was lovely...the other one was a complete and utter bullsh*t artist.

Stay away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 12:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
^That could happen at ANY site. A jerk's a jerk. The fact that SHE called you makes me believe the story as written, but my room mate is my ex. Her boyfriend comes over frequently, and I don't have any problem with it. In fact, we don't spend much time around each other. I stay in my room, I have the master bath, computer, TV, microwave...I'm thinking of getting a mini-fridge...

Any way, she's here, and there's nothing between us at this point.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:58 PM

69 posts, read 262,995 times
I have not had a good experience with online dating. I think that alot of the people on the sites do not pay for the service so there is a good chance you will never hear from those guys/gals that catch your eye. I didn't like eharmony because it doesnt say their status like if they are divorced, seperated etc. I went on a date with a guy who was seperated from his wife...not even divorced yet and he never even told me. I found out from someone else. Not a fan.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:23 PM

168 posts, read 378,440 times
The kind of women im looking to date most likely wont be found online, and as a former dating affiliate marketer I can truely say that most of these online sites have alot of fake bots that arent real profiles, and out of all of them EHARMONY is the absolute worst since it is created by some biased guy who thinks that he is some kind of shrink who knows whats the right matchup for everyone. Eharmony is a big fat zero.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:04 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreeterww View Post
The kind of women im looking to date most likely wont be found online, and as a former dating affiliate marketer I can truely say that most of these online sites have alot of fake bots that arent real profiles, and out of all of them EHARMONY is the absolute worst since it is created by some biased guy who thinks that he is some kind of shrink who knows whats the right matchup for everyone. Eharmony is a big fat zero.
Maybe for you. But for my 2 girlfriends that got married in May - it was a great success. They both recommend the site to everyone they know.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:05 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I'm revving up for some more dating activity and I'm finally ready to join a few of these dating sights.

I'm looking at Match.com.

What have you tried? What works and what doesn't work?

Thanks!

Woof
I've never done it and I probably never will. I'm too old fashioned .

Old 07-13-2009, 10:18 PM

314 posts, read 719,045 times
Before I went on line I read profiles on several sites

POF is very slippery in the type of people who will be there-a non pay site will get more people looking to play games IMO

Eharm and Match control things in a manner I was not comfortable with and my radar went off too many times with their clientel. If I want someone to control my dating I would call my mother...

Yahoo worked for me and my guy-we could communicate directly or not and we decided when to move things to the next level. YMMV good luck

Old 07-13-2009, 10:38 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
I'm on okcupid which is free, and match which is not. I prefer cupid b/c I've had a lot better luck with it--I almost never hear from anyone on match. The only date that went on for several dates on match turned out to be married, which is not the fault of match of course, since he lied. Cupid is more fun and I like their format better, though I get a lot of unserious stuff like youngsters wanting to try an older woman.

The thing I don't like about computer dating is that I think there is discrimination towards older women--I won't lie about my age, but I don't get a lot of men contacting me, though I've been told that I'm attractive and that I look 10 years younger. Men who are my age and even halfway decent looking are trying to date 25 yo.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
The thing I don't like about computer dating is that I think there is discrimination towards older women--I won't lie about my age, but I don't get a lot of men contacting me, though I've been told that I'm attractive and that I look 10 years younger. Men who are my age and even halfway decent looking are trying to date 25 yo.
It's not just that. The shopping is done with some cut-off numbers and if you're a day over that cut-off, nobody's gonna see you. It's like shopping for a house. Nobody in his right mind will price a house at 200,001! Not that I'm a fan of lying, but I can see why some people choose to fib about their age...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships