Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 07:43 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,041,852 times

Advertisements

I treat all women EXACTLY the same...with the same degree of respect that they give me.That's regardless of WHAT they look like.I have NEVER kissed ANYONE'S ass,much less some woman who thought she deserved it.Nice to me,twice as nice to you,mean to me,100 times as mean to you.Hot has nothing to do with it.Respect is where it's all at for me.MUTUAL respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 07:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,997,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I treat all women EXACTLY the same...with the same degree of respect that they give me.That's regardless of WHAT they look like.I have NEVER kissed ANYONE'S ass,much less some woman who thought she deserved it.Nice to me,twice as nice to you,mean to me,100 times as mean to you.Hot has nothing to do with it.Respect is where it's all at for me.MUTUAL respect.
So, you don't turn your other cheek? Neither do I. I also believe in treating people the same way they treat me. This brings up a tired example - I'm not gonna smile sweetly at a rude waiter just because that happens to be cpg's #1 rule of dating!

I respect that!

Old 07-13-2009, 07:58 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,833,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Let's be honest here. I think SOME attractive women think, because they are attractive, that means that they deserve a AWESOME guy.

Because YOU are attractive that only means one thing........you are attractive. It certainly does not say anything about your morals and values and the quality of your character.

At what point in life do you stop using your looks to define youself? Most of us guys on CD would say we've dated nice looking women before and most of us would agree that looks do fad and they fad fast once you determine you're with some crazy B#%^ch!

In this day and age for some odd reason there a LOTS of Narcissistic women walking around.

It's just like if someone says: I have a great job, a nice ride and a home, they assume those are "qualities", that makes them a good catch. Are they important? Yes. Are those the things guys are looking at to determine if you're a good catch or not? Probably not.

What's your take........
This may have already been addressed in the previous pages and I apologize if it has....but..

The first thing that attracts a person to another is usually something about the way they look. Sexual attraction is very important. If you don't have that, then you probably won't need to get to the point to determine if someone is a good catch or not.

While I agree that character and moral qualities, as well as a sense of humor are more important than anyones looks, I have only dated men I have been physically attracted to. If I wasn't attracted to my dh in the first place, I wouldn't have continued in the relationship with him.

And beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...

Old 07-13-2009, 07:59 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,041,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
So, you don't turn your other cheek? Neither do I. I also believe in treating people the same way they treat me. This brings up a tired example - I'm not gonna smile sweetly at a rude waiter just because that happens to be cpg's #1 rule of dating!

I respect that!
I was taught to show respect to EVERYONE first and return it double....but I was also taught to have a zero tolerance policy for being disrespected regardless of the "disrespector's(?)" station in life.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:07 PM

551 posts, read 1,921,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Let me think about that for a second.....Ummm....no....and are you trying to insult me???
No ma'am. Don't even know you. Just pointing out an interesting 'fact' and alienating myself from all the hot smart women out there!

Old 07-14-2009, 03:55 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,890,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I have a very strict rule, "when I have no job pretend like I have no credit card"

The only thing I was doing was paying the monthly bill not charging anything. The card was put away in a box until I found a job
OK, Sure. You'll not use your credit card for $50 in groceries even though you were working, just hadn't gotten a paycheck yet. Could you be any more unbelieveable?

Old 07-14-2009, 09:17 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,165,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
No ma'am. Don't even know you. Just pointing out an interesting 'fact' and alienating myself from all the hot smart women out there!
LOL.....ok ok, I was jk. I consider myself to be both...and I love being around smart men. Funny thing is, actually I find it rather maddening that because I am hot (not my words, theirs), all a lot of them want to do is have sex. No one gives a crap whether or not there is substance when all they want to do is get laid. The majority don't know and don't want to know anything about me as a person.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
LOL.....ok ok, I was jk. I consider myself to be both...and I love being around smart men. Funny thing is, actually I find it rather maddening that because I am hot (not my words, theirs), all a lot of them want to do is have sex. No one gives a crap whether or not there is substance when all they want to do is get laid. The majority don't know and don't want to know anything about me as a person.
Which is why I don't mind alienating myself. I just look for the hot ones with no substance that way after the sex I don't have to worry about the 'wanting to talk afterwards' situations.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:18 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,029,040 times
I tell you what, men who date only 'hot gals' get what they deserve, just like gals who seek only 6 pack ab guys with mega salaries...

Of course a person should be attracted to someone physically but if you date only 10s then maybe you are missing out on someone 'not as hot' but perhaps compatible to you.

I was never a girl who used a guy for meals, dates but knew plenty who would (my former best friend led someone on for years because he thought she liked him.) Meanwhile behind his back he was 'fat, ugly, stupid...'

She was not hot (still wonder why men go for bad bleach jobs?). Men are so easily led, unless they actually think for themselves. I admire men who can date 'normal' looking women, different looking women (not just 'stick insects), and think they will have more interesting and better dating experiences.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I tell you what, men who date only 'hot gals' get what they deserve, just like gals who seek only 6 pack ab guys with mega salaries...

Of course a person should be attracted to someone physically but if you date only 10s then maybe you are missing out on someone 'not as hot' but perhaps compatible to you.

I was never a girl who used a guy for meals, dates but knew plenty who would (my former best friend led someone on for years because he thought she liked him.) Meanwhile behind his back he was 'fat, ugly, stupid...'

She was not hot (still wonder why men go for bad bleach jobs?). Men are so easily led, unless they actually think for themselves. I admire men who can date 'normal' looking women, different looking women (not just 'stick insects), and think they will have more interesting and better dating experiences.
I never said I needed a 10. Two 5's would work fine, although I'd prefer a 7 and 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships