Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:57 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Gee, why do beautiful women think they're all that? Because men treat them that way. When guys fall all over them, they get the idea they deserve better than the rest.

What's funny is statements like this are made by men who couldn't get a date with a beautiful woman. She must be stuck up and think she deserves an awsome guy if she won't date you, right? It's just as bad chasing a woman because she's beautiful as her thinking she deserves an awsome guy because she is but she will be more likely to get an awsome guy because of her looks because you guys will chase her because of her looks.

I know I've told this story before but I have an ex daughter in law who is a 15 on a scale of 1 to 10. She took up with my step son while both of them were married to someone else. Her divorce was delayed because she was pregnant and they didn't know who the father was. When my step son brought her up to meet the family, everyone was talking about what a tramp she must be...until they saw her...then all anyone could say was "She's SOOOOO pretty". Suddenly, morals meant nothing.

The world falls down at the feet of pretty women. Why wouldn't a pretty woman think she deserves an awsome guy? Why should she settle for less when she can and will get it?
Great point,attractive women constanlty get hit on and there ass kissed how are they not supposed to get a big head and think they deserve perfection??

Hell because of us men and are propensity to hit on almsot anything especially after a few beers theyres even ugly or medicore women who have a too high opinion of themslves..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 12:36 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Let's be honest here. I think SOME attractive women think, because they are attractive, that means that they deserve a AWESOME guy.

Because YOU are attractive that only means one thing........you are attractive. It certainly does not say anything about your morals and values and the quality of your character.

At what point in life do you stop using your looks to define youself?

What's your take........
One thing that has not been addressed is the influence of parents and other relatives. Many times, she's been told from the age of 12 that she deserves nothing but the best. They will vet all prospective suitors and drive some off. Depending on their background, this can be a payoff, a beating or some other inducement.

However, since defining what is best and actually finding it are not that easy, such women tend to end up in one of three ways.

About 80% end up falling for the slick, good looking guy with a winning way and a the ability to string a good line of BS. After a few years, they end up divorced with 2 kids and because they haven't completely lost their looks, they say things like "My next husband will be just like my last but (icily) he'll have money this time." Their friends will applaud their new found foresight.

About 10%, who have good employment prospects, will find that they are on the hook for alimony in any divorce settlement. Since they have extreme difficulty making it, as it is, they will stay in their loveless marriage until they can make a cheap break, usually after the kids grow up.

Finally, 10% do their homework and hire a PI to ensure that their prospective husband is not only good looking, but also has the money and other attributes, he's advertised. Such women will be happy with the no limit credit card and other accoutrements and as their looks fade, there is always a tennis pro at the club to make them feel wanted.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:49 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,751 times
Quote:
Let's be honest here. I think SOME attractive women think, because they are attractive, that means that they deserve a AWESOME guy.

Because YOU are attractive that only means one thing........you are attractive. It certainly does not say anything about your morals and values and the quality of your character.

At what point in life do you stop using your looks to define youself? Most of us guys on CD would say we've dated nice looking women before and most of us would agree that looks do fad and they fad fast once you determine you're with some crazy B#%^ch!

In this day and age for some odd reason there a LOTS of Narcissistic women walking around.

It's just like if someone says: I have a great job, a nice ride and a home, they assume those are "qualities", that makes them a good catch. Are they important? Yes. Are those the things guys are looking at to determine if you're a good catch or not? Probably not.

What's your take........
My take is that you are being disingenuous. Everyone thinks they deserve the best -- EVERYONE. That is just human nature. No one is going to say: "I believe I deserve something slightly below average because that's what I am. Someone squat, with a sloping forehead and a two-digit IQ would be my perfect match. Also, someone with no morals and a feeble character, because that would match my own iniquities." You don't believe you deserve the best? You don't think you deserve someone "awesome"? Reading your other posts, I think you have rather exacting demands with respect to an ideal partner -- at the very least, when you suggest that you want someone unique, I doubt you mean "uniquely repulsive", "uniquely stupid" or "uniquely unhygienic". So if it's okay for you to want the best, why is it shallow for anyone else to have the same aspirations? It seems you have "issues" with beautiful women, which really brings to mind all those whiners who won't date any woman who doesn't look like a supermodel, yet complain about how phenomenal-looking women are "shallow" and only go for exceptional men. Practice what you preach: date women who are unattractive and non-awesome.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:50 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:

What's your take........
*yawn*

Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
One thing is for certain, I deserve a man who treats me as well as I treat him. Be it he is "awesome," "super," "insert title here." It has nothing to do with appearance, but for the woman that I am in my mind, heart and soul.

I find it awfully peculiar that there is a stereotype on attractive women, based on their exterior, that this group of women consist of "just a bunch of worms inside" and may be undeserving - when it's a fact that there is a population of a lesser attractive woman out there that "consist of just a bunch of worms inside," too. However, some men would not know this - being that the average man aims and strives to get the more attractive looking woman to begin with. Same goes for women on the flip.

Bottom line. . . anyone, regardless of appearance, deserves what they put into a relationship. Relationships are not self-sustaining and they are not a one way street. You get what you give.

A woman may be a b$tch to you - yet, she just may be a lamb to someone else. It's about CHEMISTRY. Either you have it or you do not. But let's not blame it on that, right?! Let's be narrow minded and just blame it on someones looks. . .

Everyone's definition of what "the best for THEM" is. . varies. Again - chemistry. Stop being a group of Bozos.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:02 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I will admit, when I see a really hot girl I'm so ready to pull my American Express Card-lol Uncontollable reaction to seeing a sexy women.

I will tell my friend-"she is American Express Material"
OK, the guy who can't afford a cell phone and had to choose between a couple of new shirts and eating for a week is now saying he has an AmEx?

I'm calling BS on this one.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:06 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,604,265 times
Quote:

At what point in life do you stop using your looks to define youself? Most of us guys on CD would say we've dated nice looking women before and most of us would agree that looks do fad and they fad fast once you determine you're with some crazy B#%^ch!

In this day and age for some odd reason there a LOTS of Narcissistic women walking around.

It's just like if someone says: I have a great job, a nice ride and a home, they assume those are "qualities", that makes them a good catch. Are they important? Yes. Are those the things guys are looking at to determine if you're a good catch or not? Probably not.

What's your take........
Ron, I swear, if I wasn't married, you could have me Romeo

Old 07-13-2009, 07:06 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
OK, the guy who can't afford a cell phone and had to choose between a couple of new shirts and eating for a week is now saying he has an AmEx?

I'm calling BS on this one.
Yes I have one, I just don't use it when I don't have a job

Old 07-13-2009, 07:10 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Yes I have one, I just don't use it when I don't have a job
You just keep on living in your fantasy world there buddy. No one in thier right mind is going to believe that you ate Fruit Loops for two weeks before you got your paycheck because you had no money when you had an AmEx you could have put $50 in groceries on.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:15 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You just keep on living in your fantasy world there buddy. No one in thier right mind is going to believe that you ate Fruit Loops for two weeks before you got your paycheck because you had no money when you had an AmEx you could have put $50 in groceries on.
I have a very strict rule, "when I have no job pretend like I have no credit card"

The only thing I was doing was paying the monthly bill not charging anything. The card was put away in a box until I found a job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships