Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
I'd be surprised if there was any adult out there who said "NO" to this question.
Here's another one!

I regret getting some and not getting some (even though I know that's the Universe trying to save me from myself at least occasionally ) , but I don't regret passing anybody over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 09:39 PM

168 posts, read 378,440 times
What i hate most is rejecting anyone because I hate to hurt anyones feelings, but I have always done it as soon as possible to try my best to spare their feelings. I have no problem being rejected because its not hurting anyone else but me, even though I have only been rejected maybe twice in my life.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:43 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Have you ever rejected or passed over someone and lived to regret it? I'm just curious to hear people's stories. I experienced this a while back when I went to a friend's wedding and saw someone I had known for years. There was nothing wrong with her, but the idea of asking her out never entered my mind. So we talked, hung out together at the wedding, and afterward I found myself wondering why I had never pursued her before. But I was too late. She was already married.
Yes! Gah, I'm still kicking myself about it to this day . I met this guy at a party. Very smart, very nice guy. Just an all around good person. He asked me out and we started dating. Well ... I was a total idiot at the time so I was a pretty big jerk to him. I don't know why. I think maybe I didn't know how to act around a guy like him. He just had everything together, and he wasn't like any guy I had ever met. And I really liked him too .

Anyway. I stopped returning his phone calls and he got really hurt. He even approached my friends about it and asked what had happened. I saw him several months later, and I tried to act like nothing had happened, but he just blew me off. I don't blame him. I deserved it.

I think maybe, I just wasn't ready for a guy like him. I was very confused at the time. But if I ever met another guy like him I would not make the same mistake.

And to Sierra - I think you're right.

Last edited by AllAboutEve; 07-13-2009 at 09:56 PM..

Old 07-13-2009, 09:46 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I do.
As a teen and young guy, I had an exceedingly inflated ego and I wanted to date only very good looking chicks. Meanwhile I had my little success not with those coveted creatures,but with average-to-plain, but usually very nice girls.
UNFORTUNATELY usually (there were fortunately some exceptions I remember fondly) I didn't want to step down my high horse for them and I ended more often than not...alone with my knuckles, if you see what I mean! what a waste. Some of these girls were really great, I missed great opportunities here, and that didn't make the bombshell come my way, I lost the whole gamble!
Pigeon - I seem to remember from another thread you remarking that you only "pretend" to be shallow. Seems it wasn't all pretend, was it?

Old 07-13-2009, 09:48 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Never been in the situation where I rejected or passed anyone over, but I regret a couple of times I thought someone was interested in me, but I wasn't sure and was too scared to really find out.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:54 PM

551 posts, read 1,924,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You poor thing! It's like your ex-spouse winning the lottery right after your divorce!
Tell me about it! lol

To make it worse...we remained friends. SO now it's like my ex-spouse winning the lottery and still talks to me on a daily basis, but won't share a dime of her money!

Old 07-13-2009, 10:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
Tell me about it! lol

To make it worse...we remained friends. SO now it's like my ex-spouse winning the lottery and still talks to me on a daily basis, but won't share a dime of her money!
You deserve it! YOU dumped your stock right before it got hot!

Old 07-13-2009, 10:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
2 options, walk now or walk later not many stay & alot cheaper to walk now.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:31 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times
There were two girls I passed over for my wife. I can't say that I regret it but a small part of me likes asking "what if" ...

Both were stunning looking, and both I enjoyed hanging out with and doing stuff with. But in the end both were just "that" little not right.

One knew this and always kept me at bay whenever I did try something. I'm glad she did. I value her as a great friend now that I'm mature-er.

The other didn't and ... we ended up for a year and a half trying to make a long distance relationship work and we all know how those turn out, at least when it started out long distance.

Yeah ... a couple "what ifs" and life choices brought me to where I am now. I don't dwell on it though. I found the right one for me ^^

Old 07-14-2009, 08:57 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Yes! Gah, I'm still kicking myself about it to this day . I met this guy at a party. Very smart, very nice guy. Just an all around good person. He asked me out and we started dating. Well ... I was a total idiot at the time so I was a pretty big jerk to him. I don't know why. I think maybe I didn't know how to act around a guy like him. He just had everything together, and he wasn't like any guy I had ever met. And I really liked him too .

Anyway. I stopped returning his phone calls and he got really hurt. He even approached my friends about it and asked what had happened. I saw him several months later, and I tried to act like nothing had happened, but he just blew me off. I don't blame him. I deserved it.

I think maybe, I just wasn't ready for a guy like him. I was very confused at the time. But if I ever met another guy like him I would not make the same mistake.

And to Sierra - I think you're right.
Your post reminds me of a girl I once knew. I tried pursuing something with her, but she rejected me, telling me that I deserved better than her. At the time, I thought she just said it to avoid hurting my feelings. But it still hurt. We lost touch, but a few years later, I heard from her. She regretted not giving me more of a chance, telling me that I was different than all the other guys she dated, etc. She told me her relationship history and seemed to suggest it was because she was difficult to deal with and not good at relationships. Anyways, we tried pursuing something again, but I got tired of the way she treated me. We lost touch again and then, out of the blue, she contacted me like it was no big deal. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy with her. That was the last time we spoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships