Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:34 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Men and women are both equally guilty of letting their friends pressure them. This is a big reason why nice guys and girls seem to finish last so often. It takes a strong person to tell their friends to shut up.
This is so true...that's why I don't blame my friends...I blame me. I got strong later.

Years later, after I quit listening to them and got out of their vortex I found that he turned out to be a great guy and an upstanding citizen. They in turn all have divorces, criminal records and dead end jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 11:39 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
when i was young i thought there would be a line of good looking gals behind her, not so many. not so many.
when i was 50 and lost a good looking gal, i knew there would not be a line. that was much much harder to take.
we make decisions and then must live by them. 3 or 4 good decisions can turn an oceanliner around.
"i won but i took some hits" --- bill clinton

Old 07-14-2009, 11:42 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
I don't have any major regrets in this area. Yes, there is a girl or two I wish I'd asked out instead of being shy etc. etc. one girl in college in particular. However, that led to me meeting my wife who was a great gal so I can't complain.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:43 AM

532 posts, read 1,269,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
when i was young i thought there would be a line of good looking gals behind her, not so many. not so many.
when i was 50 and lost a good looking gal, i knew there would not be a line. that was much much harder to take.
we make decisions and then must live by them. 3 or 4 good decisions can turn an oceanliner around.
"i won but i took some hits" --- bill clinton
but it only takes one bad decision to sink it...

Old 07-14-2009, 11:58 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burb View Post
but it only takes one bad decision to sink it...
yes i agree. life is scary but failure is preferable to never trying.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:14 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
I don't pass over or reject people. Since I wait for them to come to me, they either reject me or pass over me.

Oddly, I've still had somewhere around ten girlfriends in my life.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:24 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Oh for sure, anyone who says no is probably lying.
If you have good solid reasons, why would you have any regrets?

People with regrets are either shallow or make decisions based on superficial criteria.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:02 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
If you have good solid reasons, why would you have any regrets?

People with regrets are either shallow or make decisions based on superficial criteria.
Gee, maybe what you thought were good reasons at the time are no longer good now that you've had time to reflect on them.

So if someone rejects someone based on race because, at the time, they think being of two different races will make them incompatible with someone, and then years later realize it wouldn't have been such a big obstacle, does that make them shallow or superficial?

Old 07-14-2009, 09:47 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Gee, maybe what you thought were good reasons at the time are no longer good now that you've had time to reflect on them.

So if someone rejects someone based on race because, at the time, they think being of two different races will make them incompatible with someone, and then years later realize it wouldn't have been such a big obstacle, does that make them shallow or superficial?
I see your point. Times change.

However, there are things that would make living with a person difficult to impossible. Many overlook them in their race to get married. Those that don't will never regret their decision.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:37 PM

709 posts, read 1,766,871 times
I bet the woman who went to high school with Bill Gates and turned him down when he asked her out to the prom, is really regretting it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships