Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:22 AM

2 posts, read 2,980 times

Advertisements

Look when you are born who came attached to you? no one right so why you have to bargain or sell yourself just to satisfied another human being, for depriving you on one of the things that relationships are built on...

keep it real and move on, there are more fishes swimming out there and it might be close enough to you, but you aren't noticing that they are right in front of you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I'd communicate with her alright, with my **** in her mouth.
What a weird thing to say.

On second thought, maybe weird isn't the word I'm looking for..

Old 07-15-2009, 09:33 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Lets face it lifes to short not to be having sex.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:34 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae13 View Post
Your s/o bans sex to try to communicate more. Would you be mad because you love sex or could you care less?
I'd be UPSET! My ex tried pulling that with me, before, saying that we had $ex too much. This was when we first moved in together. I was NOT a happy camper, either. When we first moved in together, we were goin' at it like rabbits every night, and then BAM, out of the blue one day, he wanted to stop our little routine.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:53 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Your s/o bans sex to try to communicate more. Would you be mad because you love sex or could you care less?
How bout communicating while having sex?

"Oh God! Oh God!"

Old 07-15-2009, 10:14 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
How bout communicating while having sex?

"Oh God! Oh God!"

Or Harder! Harder!

Old 07-15-2009, 06:22 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Or Harder! Harder!
Or That's it Baby. That's the Spot!

Old 07-15-2009, 07:04 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,195 times
Quote:
Just start stocking up on lotion.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:08 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
Most men would be mad if a woman withheld sex but they don't understand is that to women not communicating is the same to us as not having sex is to them.

I think it's interesting that lack of communication isn't seen as manipulative but lack of sex is.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:22 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
I'd be mad because my s/o was playing B.S. headgames picked up from a trashy editorial by some dipstick journalist at Cosmo who thinks that his/her degree makes him or her a stinkin' doctor or relationship guru.

The problem with male/female communication is that men get advice about women from other men and women get advice about men from other women, it isn't because they are having good sex.

Men don't withold communication. If you want communication and you think that sex is getting in the way, you should try not having sex until you've had enough communication. How is that any different than "banning sex to try to communicate more?" For one, you aren't overtly telling the man what you're doing. Overtly explaining to a man that you run things because you have the kitty is a bad idea. He's either going to call it quits because life is too short for this chickenchit drama, he's going to start cheating, or he's going to stick around and you've proven that you don't have a man that will stand up for himself. Big winner in any case, right? You can get a man to do anything by being subtle and somehow making his life easier and better. Guys don't love you for drama. Guys divorce you for drama. Guys who have "easy" (not that way, sicko) women are so happy that they don't even realize that they are working their asses off to keep the easy woman happy.

EDIT: Training men isn't that different from training dogs. Reinforce good behaviors (sex is a good reinforcer) and do not reward bad (no-sex is good negative reinforcement). The difference is that men have pride and don't like being told what to do. As long as you are merely subtly influencing his own perceived autonomous decisions, you'll get everything you want. Cajoling works. Forbidding does not.

Last edited by jimboburnsy; 07-15-2009 at 09:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships