Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:00 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,165,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentimental View Post
I don't think having various women you've also met on the internet dating site call your home while your fiancee is visiting (whom you've also met on the internet) is conducive to preparation for marriage and committment...
Well, you didn't say that in the OP, did you? It's perfectly fine for men to have female friends. But chicks you meet through internet DATING sites aren't friends. Dump his a**. He's using you.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:01 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Yes, it's rude!
Woof! My thoughts exactly. This is getting spooky LOL

Old 07-14-2009, 08:20 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,278 times
Quote:
My fiancee broke up with me because I threatened to call one of his female callers back and inform her that he has a fiancee. He tells me it's no big deal because he's alread given me a ring. I just get so sick and tired of his calls from ladies while I'm visiting his home. He's says I'm overreacting.

What your thoughts?
I don't think you are wrong in your feeling. When my wife and I got engaged there was no one closer to me than her in a million miles. Sounds like the guy is a player. Seek a decent man and say good bye to this looser.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:28 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,572 times
You weren't overreacting, IMHO. He doesn't seem like he was quite ready for marriage, anyway, so be glad you broke up NOW instead of getting married and having to deal with his bull crap once the two of you were legally wed in holy matrimony.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:42 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
He doesn`t want them to know about you?
I think we're missing some of the story here. . .

Old 07-14-2009, 02:21 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Sell that ring and date a man instead of a little boy with "friends"

Seriously....

Does not want them to know about you...

I also suggest calling them all and telling them that is the way it is. And giving them all the other girls numbers as well...

Old 07-14-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Sell that ring and date a man instead of a little boy with "friends"

Seriously....

Does not want them to know about you...

I also suggest calling them all and telling them that is the way it is. And giving them all the other girls numbers as well...
I would normally agree with that. . but I know how some women go spastic and psycho on men. . and push. . and push. . and push them. This does not sound like a "new" jealousy issue. I'd love to hear his side of it.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:42 PM

730 posts, read 2,887,875 times
This sounds like the typical situation when people are doing internet dating. Some people really cannot give up the "rush" or whatever you want to call it of having multiple people interested in them at one time.

If someone isn't ready to say goodbye to "friends" they met on internet dating sites when they have put a ring on someone elses finger, then that person is not ready to get married, period! JMHO

Old 07-14-2009, 02:46 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,189,759 times
Quote:
My fiancee broke up with me because I threatened to call one of his female callers back and inform her that he has a fiancee. He tells me it's no big deal because he's alread given me a ring. I just get so sick and tired of his calls from ladies while I'm visiting his home. He's says I'm overreacting.

What your thoughts?
Sounds pretty fishy to me. It's one thing to have women friends that you hang out with together, but if he has women calling him and won't tell them about you or that he's ENGAGED to be married, that sounds like a huge red flag.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I don't think having various women you've also met on the internet dating site call your home while your fiancee is visiting (whom you've also met on the internet) is conducive to preparation for marriage and committment...
Oops. I missed THIS part before, but I still hold on the trust issue. If you just cannot trust a man, do not be with him. If he did not want you to blurt to these women and inform them that he is engaged - it could also be that your approach in the state of mind you were in at the time could play into why he did not let you. Face it, no one wants to feel humiliated. Not sure what site you met him on (or the other women) but if its a site like POF where there is a message board forum (like this one) maybe they are just chat friends and nothing more. I have male friends on here and if I were in your situation where I was engaged and a man calls (who is just a friend), I would feel a bit embarrassed if my fiance wanted to blurt in a jealous tiff that I was engaged. It would just be kind of embarrassing. NOW if he would not say something like, "Hey, I will give you a call later, my Fiance is here now," stating your position in his life and presence, then I would say you have an issue. But you are stating it from the point that you wanted to grab the phone and "pee on the tree," per se.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships