Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:46 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times

Advertisements

During this past weekend's competition, my dance partner informed me that he would not be dancing with me anymore. We live pretty far away from each other - he lives in San Diego and I live in La Quinta (Palm Springs area). We meet up in Corona to drive together into Fullerton, where we train. We spend a lot of time driving.

He cited this as one of his reasons for "dumping me". He told me that there is a lady who lives close to him. He has been begging her to dance with him for years and she has always refused. So, how convenient is it that now that he has a dance partner (me), all of a sudden now she agrees to dance with him! He also expressed his discontent over how much travel we have to do to train together. but here's the kicker - he and this woman are STILL going to train in Fullerton with our trainer! They are still going to be driving the same distance as before!!!

Okay, so I'm bummed, but it's not the end of the world.

However, he had the nerve to tell me NOT to find another dance partner. He wants me to give him 3 months - just in case the new partnership between he and this woman doesn't work out.

In all honesty, if it doesn't work out - and I believe it won't - why in the hell should I hang around waiting for him???

In 3 months time, if I haven't found a partner yet, and his new partnership doesn't work out - I am not going to dance with him.

What the hell???!!! Don't you guys think he is an arrogant SOB?

P.S. Trying to find a dance partner is worse than trying to find a spouse because there are so many requirements and restrictions. If you dance at a certain level, you are barred from dancing at a lower level, so you have to find someone at your level. Then there are the height and weight requirements. This is why I'm bummed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 12:56 AM

314 posts, read 719,172 times
If you have other choices waiting seems to be a waste of time-if you don't have other choices it becomes a question of do you WANT to invest more time in such a flighty person? I know my answer but you need to decide for yourself

Old 07-15-2009, 01:00 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Oh no - I'm one stubborn beyotch. He will absolutely NOT have another crack at good ol' Twinkle Toes! I just needed to vent and get it out of my system because I've been brooding over this since Saturday.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:00 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
im polishing my elevator shoes and doing plies even as i read this.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:08 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
Twink, I am so sorry. Yes, what he did and then proposed about the 3 month ordeal is just absolutely lousy! I would not go back to dancing with him either - no way. I can only imagine how boiled over you feel. Huge hugs to you!

Old 07-15-2009, 03:10 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,261 times
He sounds like a jerk. I suck at dancing but I'll give it a try.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:44 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
I'll be your dance partner. You would have to change your name to Steel Toes afterwards lol.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:09 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,800 times
Twinkle Toes, FWIW, you are a gorgeous woman (seen your pics!) and I wouldn't imagine dumping you had I been a man ()

It is hard to find dancing men in general, and especially with all those restrictions... But when I imagine this being told to ME - my blood gets boiling just the same!!!! Never he'd get the privilege to dance with me, after this!

Old 07-15-2009, 07:21 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
I hope you kick his a$s in competitions!

Old 07-15-2009, 07:30 AM

973 posts, read 3,304,522 times
Kick the dummy to the curb, find a new partner and whoop some booty on the dancefloor when you compete with the "ex."

Just who does he think he is asking Twinkle Toes to wait for a mere peasant like him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships