Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:30 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i would wonder where was the date? and what was the date? what did you set up for these first or second dates? slice of pizza at a greasy spoon? coffee on the sidewalk? ice cream at the beach? cheap? casual? what time of day? where did you go? indoor? outdoor?

And how do you "dress up" to impress her?

also, if a person lives in a place that is over 100 degrees temperature for 3 months out of the year, then flip flops are the norm.
Well, since he was wondering why she didn't dress up for the occasion, I'm fairly certain that this wasn't a trip to the beach or something similarly casual. And if it's not a matter of going to the beach, then flip-flops on a first date means she just wasn't trying very hard at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 11:34 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Wait, did she talk with a deep voice? I think you got suckered! LOL onnnn a serious note..... umm.. yeah, the first few dates you should always try to look your best, once you've snagged your partner, all bets are off. JUST kidding.
I consider a date like an interview, always look your best and be on your best behavior at the same time, be yourself.
I find that people in general just don't care anymore. Of course, it also depends on what you're doing on your first date, hiking, biking, movies, something light, then I see no issues wearing flip flops - the mustache would have to go though LOL

Old 07-15-2009, 11:38 AM

573 posts, read 1,690,002 times
Ok, well guess I'm out. The only thing I own is flip flops and Converse. And I don't think you'd like the Converse.

But I'd be less concerned with the footwear and more concerned with the facial hair. Hey, that rhymed!

Old 07-15-2009, 11:40 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
This has me thinking you ask males and 99% would be turned off by a moustache.
What is an equivelant, something 99% of females would be turned off that a guy has

Old 07-15-2009, 11:41 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
I don't think waxing the stache is even a part dressing up, that's just basic maintenance (and not one I require, thankfully).

Flip flops are only appropriate for a beach date, IMO. Although in California in the summer, if an event is very casual then nicer ones are okay with the right clothing, even off the beach. I would just stick to cute sandals though.... I mean, a first date is your first impression after all. I usually error on the side of dressing up.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:43 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
What is an equivelant, something 99% of females would be turned off that a guy has
Bad breath or bad teeth.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:45 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
I guess if your not into what you see, (flip flops, female moustache, etc.)
then that will be the last date, huh?

Old 07-15-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Bad breath or bad teeth.
Hey, halitosis is better than no breath at all.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:50 AM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,666,584 times
One thing that is a major turn off are women that do not try to impress on a first date. They will cuss, have bad manners and have dirty clothes or nails. I had a girl once show up with a dirty shirt like she spilled something on it. WTF? Another one was a little too vulgar and had dirty fingernails. I don't get some people.

The last thing I would EVER do is show up on a first date with dirty clothes, unbathed, not having brushed my teeth, and dirty fingernails. Attention to detail people!

Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I guess if your not into what you see, (flip flops, female moustache, etc.)
then that will be the last date, huh?
True. But then the woman in flip flops and the mustache will whine to her girlfriends, wondering why the guy never called her back. They'll all be supportive saying things like, "Well, somebody will come along," while secretly thinking, "My God, she wears clothes like they've been thrown on her with a pitchfork. But I'M not going to teller that..."

By the way, the same standard applies to guys. If you show up in your Pantera t-shirt and jorts (Jeans shorts), without having shaved or God knows what else on the first date, don't be surprised if she always has plans when you call her later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships