Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 07:03 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,568,020 times

Advertisements

What is your best memory while with your significant other? (Birth of a child aside) Something that has a place in your heart for whatever reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 07:25 PM

283 posts, read 736,583 times
Taking my husband ice skating. He didn't want to admit that he has lived all of his life in Montana and never learned to ice skate. Me being from CA originally, my ice skating abilities were pretty slim. He said he would "teach" me. Imagine my surprise when first two minutes out on the ice, he did a massive splits and needed to go to the ER with a pulled groin.

Needless to say, he learned that honesty is the best policy with me from Day One.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:28 PM

137 posts, read 473,633 times
Tough Question!

Standing on top of Macchu Picchu with mist coming down. We were with our three kids and there were just a handful of people. The ruins were below us in a misty covering, fog all around, and the fog just started to open and the mountains were huge and the grass and trees were so green. I thought it was the most perfect moment. It really was.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:32 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,569,019 times
I just cut and pasted this paragraph from a thread I started last September, this was and always will be a great memory.

My husband and I were out on the deck the other night watching our kids swimming in the pool and he turned to me and said “when is this fairytale going to end” I was like, “what are you talking about”, and he said, our life, it’s perfect, we have everything we could possible want, a great marriage, a beautiful little home, wonderful kids, we both have great families, it’s just too good to be true”. Big sigh and smile from me. Life couldn’t possible get any better than this.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/4943225-post1.html

Old 07-16-2009, 09:29 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,185,122 times
Traveling around the U.S. had a blast.

hillman

Old 07-16-2009, 10:12 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,622,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
What is your best memory while with your significant other? (Birth of a child aside) Something that has a place in your heart for whatever reason.
I put in a marriage proposal to temptation001, here on C/D

We've started sharing staplers now. She says it's our stapler, thought it's a tempting temporary situation

Old 07-16-2009, 11:56 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,850,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
What is your best memory while with your significant other?
There are so many but here a few that are PG-13:

1. How absolutely beautiful she looked on our wedding day. We got married locally in Studio City and arrived at about the same time. My best man saw her and I asked "How does she look?" and he said "Dude, she looks unbelievable". I just about passed out when I first laid eyes on her when she was walking down the aisle.

2. We met for a late dinner and drink one night while we were still dating. She showed up after a ballroom competition still somewhat made up. Tight form fitting red dress, long hair that was curly and she had on these blue contact lenses. Sexiest woman I have ever seen in my life.

3. Another time early in our relationship where she wanted my opinion of a bellydance outfit she was making with all these swaroski crystals and hand work. I was like "yeah whatever, I really dont care about dresses/costumes" then she walked out in these revealing, sexy, costume that really accented all of her curves and I just about had a heart attack. I'll never ever forget that moment. She said she wishes she had a video recording of the look on my face.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:14 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,372,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
I put in a marriage proposal to temptation001, here on C/D

We've started sharing staplers now. She says it's our stapler, thought it's a tempting temporary situation
I was gonna say the same thing.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:17 AM

2,046 posts, read 5,568,020 times
That is so cute, I emailed to verify but no response. Well here is the response. That is awesome!

Old 07-17-2009, 05:36 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,590,032 times
My husband gently pushed me against the wall one day, moved close to me, and said," Don`t ever stop being the best thing that ever happened to me!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships