Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:25 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I thought right then..."Oh my...noooo!" I do NOT want to be THAT!!!! lol....
OK, sounds like you're not a completely hopeless case!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 07:47 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Most people I knew in college did not experiment. They "used" each other as they like to say.............but never experiment. Experimentation is waaaay too sophisticated for today's college folk.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:00 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I am sooo scared, for my son, when he goes off to college!
I may be sleeping under his bed.
lol!

Old 07-19-2009, 04:12 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,446 times
This conversation is funny. A woman worried about her son going to college, and not a peep from anyone about all the poor college girls he's going to ploink on a daily basis, in various experimental positions and places, perhaps even amongst other boys/girls. Has the world changed so much that the women are now all the aggressors?

Whatever you do lady, don't interfere with his private life on campus, nothing worse than getting c**k-blocked by your own mom.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:16 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Electronics engineering

Every day was spent with circuit boards, microprocessors, freq/amp modulation, waveguides......

I remember chemistry lab. We used to use burettes for swords and simulate a fencing fight. Of course, they broke after three or 4 lashes and our parents paid fines
aren't those called pipettes?
I thought burettes went in your hair?
But it has been a long time since college.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:00 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,917,875 times
Um...OK...almost anyone posting here about their kids in college must have been in college themselves (or of college age) in the 60s and 70s. If you didn't have sex in college, you must have been the only one. So we got ours and now we don't want our kids to have sex in college? Humph.

Of course, I am not saying that wild experimenting is a great idea. I am talking about having a girlfriend or boyfriend.

By the way, I do think that sexuality is fluid but more so for girls, for whom the stigma of homosexuality is *much* less than for boys. If a boy is gay he will be treated socially as a gay and that will not increase his attractiveness to girls. A girl who has sex with other girls will, in contrast, be seen as highly desirable.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:02 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I often hear that people experiment at college, but is it true?

And if it does happen, does it mean that sexuality is fluid and not black and white?
Yes.
No. This is what we call "faulty logic".

Old 10-18-2011, 05:13 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I did not experiment when I was in college. I was already dating Mrs. Right and was pretty happy practicing with her. Still it was common knowledge that sex was pretty easy to find. In fact all lot of white girls I knew from class enjoyed experimenting with black guys. I will say one thing though. Because I worked for the college I got to know all the goings around and there was an outbreak of sexual transmitted diseases going around the campus. When you lie down with dogs you get fleas. From what the campus nurse told me, at least 25% percent of guys and girls had some sort of sexual transmitted disease.

That's what you get for sleeping around.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:30 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I often hear that people experiment at college, but is it true?

And if it does happen, does it mean that sexuality is fluid and not black and white?
Experiments? plenty.
Sexual ones?
None, might as well live in a damned monestary, it's not like a celibacy would make any difference here...

Old 10-18-2011, 05:49 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I did not experiment when I was in college. I was already dating Mrs. Right and was pretty happy practicing with her. Still it was common knowledge that sex was pretty easy to find.
No offense, but you missed out. No college guy should be dating anyone seriously unless he's at least a junior, or he's really bad with females and wouldn't be able to get much play anyway. If a guy is in college, that usually means he's between the ages of 18-22 which means he has more than enough time to find a woman to settle down with later on if he chooses.

Last edited by bicoastal10; 10-18-2011 at 05:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships