Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 09:17 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I believe that's mostly a result of online dating. Such conversations just don't take place if you meet one person the old-fashioned way. With online dates everybody has a list of people to see and tries to put a quick checkmark or cross next to their names and keep going. If they want to get married and you don't, they don't feel like seeing you anymore. Same the other way around.
I agree with this, though I wouldn't be put off by it if we met offline. Best not to waste time with someone who isn't seeking the same things you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 09:18 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,195,050 times
Yea I wouldn't go five minutes without asking how old and in some cases asking for I.D.

Had a girl staying with me one time,told me she was 18.Found out later on from another girl that she was a 16 year old run away. That girl was back home in Kentucky in just a few hours.

hillman

Old 07-17-2009, 09:20 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
In case you don't want kids, this statement doesn't make much of a sense to me. If she looks good enough and young enough for you to be attracted to her, what difference does it make how old she really is?!
Have to agree with this one! She`s good enough to take home for a night or two, but nothing serious huh?

Old 07-17-2009, 09:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Why is it that if I'm on a casual, first meeting/date with a guy, he asks:

1) Do you want to get married? or: 2) Do you want kids? or better yet: 3) How old are you?

I have never asked questions #1 and #2. The third question is fair to ask if the woman appears to be less than 18 years old. But there are probably more tactful or less obvious ways of asking it...

Old 07-17-2009, 09:26 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
I agree, if he's attracted to the 40-year old, what does age matter? it's only a number.

Quote:
In case you don't want kids, this statement doesn't make much of a sense to me. If she looks good enough and young enough for you to be attracted to her, what difference does it make how old she really is?!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:31 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
I see your point. but I feel like it's a trap of some sort sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I have never asked questions #1 and #2. The third question is fair to ask if the woman appears to be less than 18 years old. But there are probably more tactful or less obvious ways of asking it...

Old 07-17-2009, 09:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
The third question is fair to ask if the woman appears to be less than 18 years old.
In this case I'd ask if I were a guy, too. Who wants to go to jail? Besides these girls are young enough not to care about such a question.

Quote:
But there are probably more tactful or less obvious ways of asking it...
Sure, like the employers - when did you graduate from high school?

Old 07-17-2009, 09:36 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
Quote:
Let me rephrase that, I do not want someone else's kids. I dont know if I do or dont want kids until I find someone I deem suitable to have children with and raise them. That hasnt happened, therefore at this time I do not want children. To me when people just simply say "I want kids" and arent in a relationship, its kind of just setting off a red flag that they are going to drop their standards immensely in pursuit of a male that has the ability to knock them up. This doesnt imply they have very high standards (to me).

Most women my own age or older already have kids or baggage, so I aim for a bit younger than myself as they usually dont have those issues yet. In the event I find someone 10 years older I still am not interested, usually because in the long run I wont have enough in common with them, and once again I want someone closer to my age so we can go through a lot of the debilitating diseases later in life together (lol). Also this is all just my viewpoints and opinions on the topic, I'm not trying to push my views on anyone, do what makes you happy.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
In this case I'd ask if I were a guy, too. Who wants to go to jail? Besides these girls are young enough not to care about such a question.

Sure, like the employers - when did you graduate from high school?
Yep. Or, "Hey, what college do you go to?" And when she says, "College? I'm still in high school!"

I go, "Oh..." [walks away...]

Old 07-17-2009, 09:38 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Have to agree with this one! She`s good enough to take home for a night or two, but nothing serious huh?

I dont "take women home" or take advantage of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships