Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 09:48 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Let me rephrase that, I do not want someone else's kids. I dont know if I do or dont want kids until I find someone I deem suitable to have children with and raise them. That hasnt happened, therefore at this time I do not want children. To me when people just simply say "I want kids" and arent in a relationship, its kind of just setting off a red flag that they are going to drop their standards immensely in pursuit of a male that has the ability to knock them up. This doesnt imply they have very high standards (to me).

Most women my own age or older already have kids or baggage, so I aim for a bit younger than myself as they usually dont have those issues yet. In the event I find someone 10 years older I still am not interested, usually because in the long run I wont have enough in common with them, and once again I want someone closer to my age so we can go through a lot of the debilitating diseases later in life together (lol). Also this is all just my viewpoints and opinions on the topic, I'm not trying to push my views on anyone, do what makes you happy.
Oh, I agree with the children part. I thought you were talking about age alone. I still find it funny, though... Obviously, you're not attracted to women way older than you are. Let's say you just thought somebody was your age and she turned out to be a few years older. Doesn't sound like a good enough reason to me to give up, but that's your business, of course.

I don't normally go for men younger than I am, for instance, but if I thought somebody was my age and he turned out to be a few years younger, I wouldn't kick him on that account only...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Yep. Or, "Hey, what college do you go to?" And when she says, "College? I'm still in high school!"

I go, "Oh..." [walks away...]
That's a good way of covering your rear end!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 09:57 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Let's say you just thought somebody was your age and she turned out to be a few years older. Doesn't sound like a good enough reason to me to give up, but that's your business, of course.

I don't normally go for men younger than I am, for instance, but if I thought somebody was my age and he turned out to be a few years younger, I wouldn't kick him on that account only...
There is a difference between a few years and say ten. I'm 29, if she was say 33 years old I wouldnt have a problem...40 is too old for me just like 18 is too young. I'm not saying I'm not sexually attracted to them, just saying its outside of my expected age ranges for me to want a long term loving relationship, and consequently no I do not have sex with them.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:57 PM

52,247 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I gotta say asking some of those questions doesn't seem too out of line too me.

Course it depends on how they are asked.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:16 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Why is it that if I'm on a casual, first meeting/date with a guy, he asks:

1) Do you want to get married? or: 2) Do you want kids? or better yet: 3) How old are you?

why do you men ask a woman this after barely meeting her? It's happened to me on a couple of occasions like it's a trap question? and what answers are you looking for or expect to hear??

well???

(btw- this is not a long term dating situation, just a casual get together)
They aren’t typically first date questions. Perhaps you are dating the wrong type of guy or they think you are a catch? Go figure.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
There is a difference between a few years and say ten. I'm 29, if she was say 33 years old I wouldnt have a problem...40 is too old for me just like 18 is too young. I'm not saying I'm not sexually attracted to them, just saying its outside of my expected age ranges for me to want a long term loving relationship, and consequently no I do not have sex with them.
Yeah, I suppose a 40-year old woman can pass for 33 and you may like her, but not want to be involved with her after you find out how old she really is.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:41 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,114 times
Quote:

1) Do you want to get married? or: 2) Do you want kids? or better yet: 3) How old are you?

1 and 2 make perfect sense because if a chick says yes that means her ass will get catch feelings

3 makes sense because dude may not want to even converse with someone younger or older than him.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, I suppose a 40-year old woman can pass for 33 and you may like her, but not want to be involved with her after you find out how old she really is.

Right. Thats all I was originally saying is that it could be deceptive. People often look (and act) much younger than they really are. The age thing is kind of a big deal when there is a decade difference, to me anyhow. I wouldnt expect a 19 year old girl to want anything more from me than sex, so I just avoid them altogether. I could go into some more detail here and give examples but I dont think its necessary to get my point across.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:21 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times

what kind of men are you meeting that ask these sorts of questions anyhow? You are finding the wrong types ...

Old 07-18-2009, 09:32 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:

why do you men ask a woman this after barely meeting her? It's happened to me on a couple of occasions like it's a trap question? and what answers are you looking for or expect to hear??

well???

(btw- this is not a long term dating situation, just a casual get together)
Not all men would ask these questions. Only the stupid ones would. Even though I may be curious about such things, I would never ask them on a first date. There's a very simple test. Don't ask a question unless you'd be OK with being asked the same question. If a guy asks these types of questions on a first date, either confront him and ask how he would react if you asked the same questions. Or just walk away and find a guy with more common sense.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Not all men would ask these questions. Only the stupid ones would.
Yeah because its real stupid to know how old a girl is. I cant count the number of times when I was younger (20ish) where I was hitting on girls who were 16 or 17 and therefore illegal. I see your point, way smarter to just get accused of statutory rape later on that week followed by doing 20 years in the slammer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships