Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 08:24 PM

283 posts, read 736,428 times

Advertisements

It's funny because when someone here mentioned it, I googled it to see if maybe there is something more I need to ask my husband about.

I actually found that aside from a Planned Parenthood-style clinic abortion, the procedure at a hospital here in Montana (if performed after 10 weeks) costs around $1000. I would speculate that she did not go to her hometown clinic to have it done and probably added in travel costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 08:29 PM

5,004 posts, read 7,842,437 times
this entire thread had my stomach turning. just yuck on all levels. I really do feel for ya Jen.

Last edited by Philosophizer; 07-20-2009 at 08:54 PM..

Old 07-20-2009, 08:47 PM

503 posts, read 1,448,438 times
Jenni, no advice here. Just a *HUGE HUG* you sound like you are handling this maturely. Are you a christian or involved in church? If so, pray and ask God what to do.

If not, then just wait and when the time is right you will know.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:14 PM

I'm not really religious, though I do believe in G-d. I have faith that somehow I will figure out what is best for me and my family.

Thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes everyone. Even though this is a public board and we don't know each other from Adam, it does help a lot to be able to get it out.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,799,790 times
Quote:
So, I guess what I wanted to know from those of you out there that are happily married (as I thought I was)... was I completely wrong about my husband all these years, or should I forgive this because it was a stupid, stupid mistake that won't happen again? If you were in my shoes, would you try to repair this or just move on?
He's a pretty good liar if you really didn't notice anything amiss. Pretty good at masking his feelings, too.

How old are your kids?

How long have you been married?

Do you have a job?

How can you ever, ever trust him again?

I could never stay with a husband who cheated.

Sorry for your blind-sided, round house punch. What a terrible predicament for you.

Btw, do you have access to his email account, what he has been doing on the computer? I'd start sniffing around.

Last edited by sanrene; 07-20-2009 at 10:01 PM..

Old 07-20-2009, 09:49 PM

573 posts, read 1,684,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Good luck to you with whatever you decide. I also want to recommend this amazing book called:

BROKEN OPEN

Sometimes, the worst things that happen to you open up brand new doors in your life, doors to new relationships.
Awesome suggestion! My friend is reading this and she says it has helped wonders....I'm in line next to read it!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He's a pretty good liar if you really didn't notice anything amiss. Pretty good at masking his feelings, too.
How old are your kids? 9, 3 1/2, and 2.

How long have you been married? Almost ten years.

Do you have a job? No, I am a SAHM. I do have a teaching degree, though I would have to move to another town to get a job. I was considering substitute teaching this year just to get out of the house.

How can you ever, ever trust him again? That is the million dollar question. I am going to wait until my head is clear and my hormones settled after these twins are born before I answer that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I could never stay with a husband who cheated.

Sorry for your blind-sided, round house punch. What a terrible predicament for you.

Btw, do you have access to his email account, what he has been doing on the computer? I start sniffing around.
I do have access to his email and Facebook. I haven't peeked into them because, frankly, I want to keep what sanity I have left for the next few weeks. If he really does want to make things right and I feel I need to read them, I will tell him so. Just not right now.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:31 PM

503 posts, read 1,448,438 times
Keep your chin up Jenni!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,799,790 times
You might find other things he's not telling you. I hope you don't, but if he found it this easy to cheat on you and give no indication that anything was wrong (like feeling guilty) with a wife and three young children as sacrifices to his betrayal......

I could never touch him again.

Good luck to you.

**hugs**

Old 07-20-2009, 10:32 PM

5,003 posts, read 12,317,873 times
The biggest thing here is communication, and I see it not happening anywhere.

First step is to demand that you talk to the woman and give your two cents, you being pregnant or not pregnant.

Second step is to talk to your husband and figure out why he cheated on you. He sounds like a lying SOB, I agree that there is a pattern here. Ask him what drove him to cheat on you AND his family. Such a person is not a man in my book, he's scum. Ask him if he'd be happy by himself without the kids. Give him some hard love and tell him that you love him but you won't hesitate to do what you think is right for yourself.

Or he could be a nice guy who made a mistake. He is your husband, and only you know him as such.

At any rate, my sympathy to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships