Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 11:25 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times

Advertisements

I'd also like to say that a man shouldn't be having sex period unless he's willing to risk the possibility of his partner getting pregnant and having to support the child, if she decides to keep it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 11:28 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,859,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincere1782 View Post
I was reading another article and just wanted to throw it out there to see how others felt about it :should a man have a say on what a woman does with an unplanned pregnancy?
Before two people have sex, the prospect of pregnancy should have been discussed.

After, I think both should have input but...

Only the one who carries any physical and health risks should have final say.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
If the guy wants the baby and the woman doesnt, the guy is out of luck because as I said before, it really is ONLY the woman's decision.
That was exactly my point. In reality he can't and I don't believe he ever will have a say if the reverse were true.

Let's preface this by saying we're talking about a relationship and not random sex. I personally believe in abortion, even though we're being dragged deeper and deeper back to the Dark Ages. That's how I look at it: if there is enough time for an abortion, the guy doesn't want the child, and the woman has it anyway, it's her responsibility. If it's too late for an abortion, it's joint responsibility. As for me, should I be financially capable of taking care of the child alone, I'd rather not beg anybody. However, I'd never want him in my life or the child's life in any shape or form, ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
At what point in the development stage do we become human?
Some of us never become human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I'm always amazed how ejaculation just happens to stumble along and find it's way inside a vagina
That's quite an amazing phenomenon, isn't it?!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:33 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,859,728 times
Quote:
Great post. By having sex, even with contraceptives, are you not assuming the risk of pregnancy and giving consent for life to possibly develop?

I don't understand the women that view a fetus as some kind of invader. I actually find them to be absolutely repulsive.
Contraceptive use would seem to me to be clearly denying consent.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:35 PM

if people were careful about who they actually slept with, we wouldn't have these problems. Guys talk about "*******" getting pregnant just to get them on the child support hook. Hello!!! Don't **** her if you aint willing to support her and the kid. Girls, don't **** a guy if he wants nothing to do if you were to get pregnant. Guys that wouldn't be there for you aren't guys you should be ****ing anyway. Have these discussions before ever ****ing. And if you both don't give a ****, have an abortion and have it early in the pregnancy.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Girls, don't **** a guy if he wants nothing to do if you were to get pregnant. Guys that wouldn't be there for you aren't guys you should be ****ing anyway.
See, the thing is they don't come with tags on their foreheads.

I'd decided very early in life that I can't rely on men to take care of this business. If the consequences concern mainly me, then I have to make sure I'm safe. And I have been... all my life... no abortions, either.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
See, the thing is they don't come with tags on their foreheads.

I'd decided very early in life that I can't rely on men to take care of this business. If the consequences concern mainly me, then I have to make sure I'm safe. And I have been... all my life... no abortions, either.
I may not make it to marriage, but I'm certainly going to know what type of person she is before I go putting my dick in her. Perhaps people should follow my lead and get to know whether or not this is a person I could share a child with before going there.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:55 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Bottom line is women should not be stupid enough to have a baby by someone who is not their husband.
Men should always wear a condom when having sex and not listen to the old "Im on the pill" story.
Men should also pull out even with a condom on as an extra precaution.

I had sex with a lot of women in my lifetime and the only one to ever get pregnant is my wife. Why? Because I made it so. There was no way any of those women would have gotten pregnant by me and I know they would have loved to. I just made sure that it didnt happen thats all.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
I may not make it to marriage, but I'm certainly going to know what type of person she is before I go putting my dick in her. Perhaps people should follow my lead and get to know whether or not this is a person I could share a child with before going there.
I don't believe in always having to think and worry of procreation as a result of sex; hence, I prefer having control of the method of contraception. Normally what you do yourself gets done the way you want it to.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:20 AM

Never should have gotten so emotionally invested in this thread. Never should have opened it. Live the way you see fit folks and I'll do the same. Deal with the consequences the way you will. We're all accountable at the end of the day anyway and it certainly aint my job to be holier than thou. The self righteous are perhaps the most foolish of all people. Redemption is always there for those who seek it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships