Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 06:52 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,204,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I don't understand the women that view a fetus as some kind of invader. I actually find them to be absolutely repulsive.
Wow. What about women who think that and take responsibility to get sterilized? You think they're repulsive too?

What's really unfortunate is when women who don't want a fetus growing inside of them and want to get sterilized but CAN'T thanks to doctors who think they know the women better than the women do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 07:16 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
Wow. What about women who think that and take responsibility to get sterilized? You think they're repulsive too?

What's really unfortunate is when women who don't want a fetus growing inside of them and want to get sterilized but CAN'T thanks to doctors who think they know the women better than the women do.
Agreed! And when an insurance company will pay for me to crank out kids, but won't pay for birth control pills or sterilization for me because they're "elective", then something is severely wrong.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:25 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,378,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
No because the man has no say in what the woman does with her body. Hopefully, both agree on the decision but if they don't, the decision has to be hers because it is her body that has to go through whatever it is she chooses. It's unfortunate that men don't get a choice but the choice has to belong to the person who has to endure the consequences of the choice not someone who doesn't have to.

A man's choice ends when he allows a pregnancy to happen. Men would do well to remember that. Men can prevent pregnancies too. If you don't want kids, get snipped, don't have sex or if you do, make darned sure you're, at least, double protected.
Sorry to say this is not possible.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:26 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Sorry to say this is not possible.
Of course it is.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:38 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,961,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Never should have gotten so emotionally invested in this thread. Never should have opened it. Live the way you see fit folks and I'll do the same. Deal with the consequences the way you will. We're all accountable at the end of the day anyway and it certainly aint my job to be holier than thou. The self righteous are perhaps the most foolish of all people. Redemption is always there for those who seek it.
You really need to lighten up, Tex. You get bent out of shape for no reason. Eh, it'll happen... with time...

Old 07-21-2009, 11:53 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,682,210 times
The Woman can do whatever she wants period. If she chooses to have the baby she'll take him to court and he'll pay child support. If she chooses not to have the child she can have an abortion. Asking the man would be nice, but its a fantasy at best. Once the act is done the ball is solely in her court.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:57 AM

14,561 posts, read 22,976,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
The Woman can do whatever she wants period. If she chooses to have the baby she'll take him to court and he'll pay child support. If she chooses not to have the child she can have an abortion. Asking the man would be nice, but its a fantasy at best. Once the act is done the ball is solely in her court.
Yeah we know that. Kinda ****ed up, isn't it?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:47 PM

35,975 posts, read 30,519,841 times
Yeah it does, but it did when the ball was soley in his court too. Tit for tat.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 PM

10,168 posts, read 20,716,770 times
He can offer his input and how he feels either way, but it's her body and ultimately her choice.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:17 PM

748 posts, read 1,310,543 times
Hmmm... I guess it depends in the situation? I am very "pro-choice" if the girl wants to keep the baby, it shouldn't matter what any one thinks, the same way if she doesn't, however... it does take 2 to tango, and I would give him the chance to at least know what is going on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships