U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:05 PM

3,876 posts, read 4,394,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Jumpman023,

Do NOT be frustrated by this whole dating thing and your height. I've no doubt whatsoever you're being turned down repeatedly, and by women who missed "midget" by half an inch or so. It can be maddening.

Still, bear in mind (for all that it's easy to talk when it's not you, because sex is like air, unimportant until you're not getting any) that every woman who turns you down is helping you with your job.

Your job in the dating arena is to screen through potentials until you find someone who suits you and whom you suit. Each of these things is a two-way interview, only women tend to fail to realize they're interviewing as well as the men.

The ones who turn you down for something as pathetic as height (you may not be towering but your legs are long enough to reach the floor and you can go on all the rides at the park) are helping you with this. They are demonstrating their shallowness, saving you from having to date and discover this factor. You get rid of it -- POOF -- that quickly!

Move on to the next one and never look back, and DO NOT limit yourself to women shorter than you. Be confident in your own body. Remember, it is NOT the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man!

The next one who says you're not tall enough for her, SMILE confidently back at her and say "You know what? Thanks for being honest! You've saved me some time. Have a nice evening!"

MEAN it. She'll be taken aback by your smile, thrown completely by your confidence, especially if she's shorter than you, and when you walk away seeming happy, she WILL wonder what the heck. DON'T be rude, DON'T make quips about the illogic of her choice, don't make some crack about her own height -- just be extremely polite in a jovial manner, thank her for her honesty, SMILE (very important) and walk on, visibly having a good time with your evening.

You've heard the phrase "Living well is the best revenge"...? It may be one of the best things you'll ever learn, and being HAPPY with yourself is the best way to Live Well. Women will see your happiness and they will ENVY it.

Remember: They need us as badly as we need them. Those who say otherwise are living in a dream world which bears no fruit.
Another great post..

The one thing that annoys me more then just having a height preferenced is the condescending attiude and almost bitterness women have for shorter men as if height determines how much of a man you are..

Even short women do it which is even more mind boggling..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 10:43 AM

187 posts, read 547,236 times
go to thailand.You will like it there! Thai women are absolutely great,my opinion and i respect it.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:49 AM

333 posts, read 905,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Another great post..

The one thing that annoys me more then just having a height preferenced is the condescending attiude and almost bitterness women have for shorter men as if height determines how much of a man you are..

Yep, I have seen this and it would be funny if not so sad. I have seen women 5'2 want a guy 6'2 or taller... for what? Give me break.

Yet these same woman rant about how the guys are not faithful, play around, etc..

Gee, ya think.

With all (ok, a signifanct portion) of the female population stuck on height it no wonder these guys don't stick around. There is no reason to.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:51 AM

21,433 posts, read 22,643,063 times
Quote:
And you don't think that the chip on your shoulder you have about your height has anything to do with how women treat you?

Old 12-16-2009, 11:52 AM

550 posts, read 1,256,454 times
I am 5'-8".. while i was never turned down for a date due to my height, i don't think it would bother me. If someone is going to judge me by my height alone, i really don't have the time of day for them anyway. I dated a girl for awhile that was slightly taller than me, but was never a problem. This is as tall as the Good Lord saw fight to make me, so that's fine with me. Stay positive, and worry about things you CAN control..

It's really not a big deal at all... btw, i am engaged to be married next year.. so, yes someone out there loves me for who i am.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:11 AM

7,458 posts, read 11,108,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
Basically, I'm really fed up with being short. I'm 18, around 5 foot 6 or 5 foot 7, and I have never been in a relationship before. These last 3 years, I finally gained the courage to actually ask out a girl (this is a huge step for me because I'm a little shy), but the two girls I asked out said that I was too short for them. The most annoying part, they weren't even tall! They were 5 foot 4 and 5 foot 1! I really don't get what I'm supposed to do. I can understand girls taller than me not wanting to go out, but I can't even date short girls now? UGH! I hate being Indian sometimes!
Lower your standards in the girls you are asking out

Old 12-17-2009, 08:23 AM

2,383 posts, read 5,390,909 times
Are you kidding me? Guys turn down women for the similar superficial reasons! Breast aren't big enough, butt's not bouncy enough, thighs aren't strong enough, legs aren't long enough, face isn't pretty enough, abs aren't tight enough! Gawd, the list of supeficial reasons goes on and on. It's what you are attracted to and if a girl that's 5'2 is only attracted to a man that's 6'2, so be it!

Old 12-17-2009, 11:37 AM

593 posts, read 1,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
Basically, I'm really fed up with being short. I'm 18, around 5 foot 6 or 5 foot 7, and I have never been in a relationship before. These last 3 years, I finally gained the courage to actually ask out a girl (this is a huge step for me because I'm a little shy), but the two girls I asked out said that I was too short for them. The most annoying part, they weren't even tall! They were 5 foot 4 and 5 foot 1! I really don't get what I'm supposed to do. I can understand girls taller than me not wanting to go out, but I can't even date short girls now? UGH! I hate being Indian sometimes!

LMAO! It could be worse. I would tell you something that would make you feel better but that's not my job. You're going to have to swallow your pain, brah.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:21 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,535,468 times
Love yourself. God made you the perfect height and someone worth quality will still have an interest in you for the person you are inside. Sorry to sound sappy but it's true.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:29 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,036,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

Fact of life - pocket girls are fine; pocket guys... not so much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships