U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:40 PM

339 posts, read 1,339,696 times
Default I am really frustrated with my height

Basically, I'm really fed up with being short. I'm 18, around 5 foot 6 or 5 foot 7, and I have never been in a relationship before. These last 3 years, I finally gained the courage to actually ask out a girl (this is a huge step for me because I'm a little shy), but the two girls I asked out said that I was too short for them. The most annoying part, they weren't even tall! They were 5 foot 4 and 5 foot 1! I really don't get what I'm supposed to do. I can understand girls taller than me not wanting to go out, but I can't even date short girls now? UGH! I hate being Indian sometimes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 10:42 PM

6,040 posts, read 5,836,833 times
Keep at it. There are women out there that don't care what height you are as long as you are a great guy. I'm 5'8" tall and I've dated several guys that were my height or shorter.

Just keep trying! You'll get it.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:42 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,606,890 times
i am sorry. i know how hard it can be for short guys (my dad is your height). there are girls around that height that will date a guy your height no question. i am 5 foot 1 and would have no problems with a guy 5 foot 5.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:45 PM

10,920 posts, read 9,539,663 times
Just improve everything else you can. Have decent style, stay in really good shape, confident and blah blah blah. One of the most successful guys with the women that I've ever known is only 5'8 but he's worked on compensating for that.

Good luck.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:03 PM

2,117 posts, read 2,911,877 times
I'm going to be blunt here. Having a nice body can make up for a lack of height. I'm somewhere between 5'7" and 5'8" and I've seen a few guys who are my height or an inch shorter that I wouldn't mind going on a date with... of course, one of them looked like James McAvoy (who btw is 5'7") so that certainly upped his appeal lol.

Don't sweat it. Keep yourself in shape and groomed and never forget that personality can make up for a multitude of appearance related things.

And I almost forgot! Having great style wouldn't hurt you either lol!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:09 PM

14,872 posts, read 24,702,769 times
Quit asking the short ladies out for dates. Stick with the taller than you types. Hear me now...believe me later...

Old 07-20-2009, 11:15 PM

44,301 posts, read 54,771,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
Basically, I'm really fed up with being short. I'm 18, around 5 foot 6 or 5 foot 7, and I have never been in a relationship before. These last 3 years, I finally gained the courage to actually ask out a girl (this is a huge step for me because I'm a little shy), but the two girls I asked out said that I was too short for them. The most annoying part, they weren't even tall! They were 5 foot 4 and 5 foot 1! I really don't get what I'm supposed to do. I can understand girls taller than me not wanting to go out, but I can't even date short girls now? UGH! I hate being Indian sometimes!
Bite your tongue! You should be PROUD of your heritage and who you are - the more you mature the more you'll realize that.

Being shorter in height will only be a problem for you if YOU make it a problem. Perhaps you don't know that Tom Cruise is himself on 5'7"? Does HE look like he's had any trouble attracting women?

Here's a secret you would do well to learn - confident men are very sexy to women. In fact, women are drawn more to a man's confidence (don't confuse that with cockiness and get all macho though) than to just about any other physical attribute. You start being happy in your own skin and work on the things you can change or improve and you'll do just fine. Don't let those girls who were rude enough to even mention your height get under your skin - what do little girls know about anything anyway??

Old 07-20-2009, 11:16 PM

358 posts, read 561,014 times
They really turned you down because of your height? Wow, I've heard of being superficial, but wow...

I'm not real tall myself, man. Only 5'7" and I'm not Indian, haha. Scots-Irish all the way.

But I've never felt that my height was a real barrier in my ability to get a date.

I've dated girls taller than me, although they weren't Amazons, lol.

I wouldn't sweat it dude. How old are you anyway?

Old 07-20-2009, 11:19 PM

15,206 posts, read 24,835,064 times
My dance instructor for international standard is a little guy - maybe about 5'4". Yet, he is a perfect gentleman and I can't see anybody turning him down for a date. Whatever he lacks in height, he certainly has in personality, suaveness and all the rest of that good stuff.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:21 PM

358 posts, read 561,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Tom Cruise is a douche bag
And he brainwashed that cutie Katie Holmes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships