Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 05:32 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times

Advertisements

*Way up north,way up north
North to Alaska
They go north,the rush is on
North to Alaska
They go north,the rush is on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 06:02 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Well don't tell anyone...but it's not all ice or snow...and it's not all dark or daylight.
We got scenery, we got critters, we got modern living, we got backwoods living, we got long hours of daylight that makes a garden grow, we got long hours of darkness that makes the arora show! Hang around long enough...and you'll learn to love the snow.
I'm a poet and did'nt even know it...

LOLLLL.... Geezzzzzzzzz. Got more than I bargained for eh?
I guess I'll have to go see for myself. Do people go to Alaska to retire???

Old 04-22-2007, 06:20 PM

366 posts, read 386,819 times
The part of Alaska that I spent the winter in had very little snow. During the darkest months it got light around 8 am and dark around 4 pm.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:22 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
vp with all this global warming going on,,alaska will be the new florida within ten years,,,the retirement capital of the world!

Old 04-22-2007, 06:22 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Yes they do. There are lot's of retirees in my area. Fairly rural, yet on the main road system, and town is only like 10 miles away.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:25 PM

11 posts, read 26,649 times
What kind of work do you do?

Old 04-27-2007, 06:20 PM

11 posts, read 26,649 times
Default Don't want to intrude.

I don't know if I welcome here or not. I've noticed that everyone is a senior member or a moderator.
I came across this looking for a new place to live. I am a independent SWF living in NW Alabama. I am also a welder looking for work. The places I've been looking are cooler where winter is winter and summer is mild. I was looking at WA very closely, but the economy isn't that great and work isn't that much better. I want to live near the ocean. Every one I know tells me I should go to Alaska and work. It's a big move and I don't know about work there. Also the single men are a BIG PLUS too. I may be a welder but I don't look like one

Old 04-27-2007, 06:22 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
vp with all this global warming going on,,alaska will be the new florida within ten years,,,the retirement capital of the world!
This is kind of a late response Maine but if Alaska gets as warm as Florida, I'll start packing tomorrow!

Old 04-27-2007, 06:52 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah7 View Post
I don't know if I welcome here or not. I've noticed that everyone is a senior member or a moderator.
I came across this looking for a new place to live. I am a independent SWF living in NW Alabama. I am also a welder looking for work. The places I've been looking are cooler where winter is winter and summer is mild. I was looking at WA very closely, but the economy isn't that great and work isn't that much better. I want to live near the ocean. Every one I know tells me I should go to Alaska and work. It's a big move and I don't know about work there. Also the single men are a BIG PLUS too. I may be a welder but I don't look like one
Man, if I was in your position, I'd go! What's the worst that can happen? You spend a few years in a gorgeous place, meet lots of guys, sock away some money and then move somewhere else. And you never have to live with the "what ifs" What's the best that can happen?....sky's the limit!

Old 04-27-2007, 08:11 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,214 times
Default Great thread

But what should we tell my husband? Can he visit me? LOL

Rance- you are too funny Great post...good luck !!

And look all the replies- 7 pages on a post from 4/17 ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships