Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:23 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,608,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
I have been dating this guy for some time now... and I quite enjoy our time together, however I can not help but feeling confused at how he has been acting recently:

1. We recently had a nice serious conversation about our relationship, we have been getting progressively busy at work, and school, and we had not seen each other nor talked for about 15 days. We decided we really liked each other, and if we were serious about spending time together we would work it out somehow, he even suggested we should call/text each more often and pick a day a week that would be "our day" to spend together no matter what.

This was about 2 weeks or so ago.

2. Since then when we are together, he is quite sweet, attentive and treats me as his girlfriend. However, when we are apart he is really short, and cold when we talk on the phone or we text. He has not initiated any of the contact, I am always the one having to remind him that I do exist

3. He has recently cancelled on me last minute, the last one was this past weekend, he said he would pick me up on Saturday after work, and at around 4:30, about 2-3 hours overdue, he texted saying he could not make it, that he was feeling so sick that morning that he had to go to the hospital and was just getting back...

I obviously understood, nobody "schedules" to get sick, right? when I asked him if he needed anything, he said he just wanted to go home and sleep... completely understandable... right?

The next day we got together and he told me he had hang out with his buddied the night before!!!!!! I was so upset, and to tell you the thruth a bit hurt, last I heard from him he was sick as a dog and did not want to hang out with me!!! but oh the surprise as soon as his friends called him out he was all of the sudden not sick anymore? what kind of bs is this?

Am I been too insensitive? or rather too sensitive to this situation? I am really confused as to his mixed signals... he is the one who brought up our not spending enough time together, and when I was about ready to call it quits if that is what he wanted, he was adamant at the fact that he did not want to break up, he even said he LOVED spending time with me and that he had missed me the time we did not see each other.

help?
I'm confused too. Big red flag when you are dating someone for "some time" (which sounds like it's been a good amount of time) and then he doesn't talk to you and vice versa for 15 days? WTF?

I'd say time to move onto something new. Very strange relationship though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 01:52 PM

748 posts, read 1,310,473 times
Thanks a bunch you guys... I am 27 by the way, just got divorced and thought maybe this guy would work out, but I guess not...
Any ways, thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it, sometimes you just need for people to tell it how it is for you to finally open your eyes and realize what is in front of you...

Old 07-22-2009, 07:08 PM

132 posts, read 223,361 times
From the looks of it.. Maybe he knew it wasn't looking good and you might leave, so he wanted to keep you around for sex or something.. I dont know but the way hes acting it doesnt seem like hes truly in love with you. You obviously deserve beter. My bf would never do any of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships