U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 03:52 PM

5,503 posts, read 13,935,991 times

Advertisements

You are dating a man. Everything seems to be going well when suddenly, the phone calls stop and he completely disappears. You have no idea if he got hit by a train or fell off a bridge or what.

Ladies, share your stories about dates who go missing in action. What happened? How did you react? Did you ever hear from him again?

Men, please tell us what happened to you!

* I got this idea for a thread from the amusing article "When a Man Vanishes." You can read it here:
The Fadeaway - When Men Gradually Stop Calling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Status: "Partially taking all the blame" (set 17 hours ago)

10,966 posts, read 9,829,595 times
When I was in junior high, my girlfriend found out that I was moving to Florida the day before we left, despite the fact that the move had been in the works for over 3 months.

A good friend of mine told me about how the girl he was dating when he lived in Indiana didn't find out he was moving until he was already across the state line.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:26 PM

3,270 posts, read 4,572,634 times
I've never dated someone for any length of time and had that happen, but I've gone on first dates that seemed to go well, and the guy even calls me afterwards or the next day, but then nothing after that... No plans for a second date. I just figured they didn't like me enough. It was weird that they called though....

Old 07-21-2009, 04:29 PM

A few years ago, I was dating a very nice man. Everything was going well. We were having a great time together. He went away on a business trip and before he left, he said, "I can't wait to see you when I get back," and that was the last I heard from him. To this day, I still don't know for sure what happened. I know for a fact he was not married. I never slept with him. But I suspect, he found another tail to chase. Maybe one that put out?

Old 07-21-2009, 04:33 PM

12,233 posts, read 7,634,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
When I was in junior high, my girlfriend found out that I was moving to Florida the day before we left, despite the fact that the move had been in the works for over 3 months.
Am I missing something here? She was your girlfriend and you didn't tell her you were moving with your family? What's with that? If the situation had been reversed and she was moving and didn't tell you, how would you have felt?

Old 07-21-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Am I missing something here? She was your girlfriend and you didn't tell her you were moving with your family? What's with that? If the situation had been reversed and she was moving and didn't tell you, how would you have felt?
Take it easy. He was in high school. Men do weird things like that all the time. He probably didn't want to break the news.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Take it easy. He was in high school. Men do weird things like that all the time. He probably didn't want to break the news.
Junior high actually.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:55 PM

3,270 posts, read 4,572,634 times
Quote:
I think you've answered your own question: spinelessness.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I think you've answered your own question: spinelessness.
Yeah, maybe a little.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:40 PM

2,043 posts, read 3,222,472 times
Quote:
You are dating a man. Everything seems to be going well when suddenly, the phone calls stop and he completely disappears. You have no idea if he got hit by a train or fell off a bridge or what.

Ladies, share your stories about dates who go missing in action. What happened? How did you react? Did you ever hear from him again?

Men, please tell us what happened to you!

I guy I was dating, WAY back in the day, when I had my first apartment, did this once....he stayed the night over my house, went home the next day, and I didn't hear from him again, which I found rather ODD.. Long story short, turns out he had an allergic reaction to the laundry detergent "TIDE", which is what I washed my bedding in the night he stayed over. My BFF's mother and HIS sister were best friends and my BFF overheard her mother talking about how his face was swollen up the size of a watermelon. When my BFF called me and told me what she heard, I finally came down off of my pride and called him (because I wasn't going to ) and first thing he asked me when he said "hello" was "hey, what did you wash your sheets in that day I stayed the night"...he knew that I had freshly laundered sheets on the bed that night...and I replied "Tide".....and he told me how he had broke out really bad, had to go to the hospital and everything. He choose not to call or mess with me anymore after that, I guess he felt like I gave him the COOTIES or something...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships