U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:00 PM

232 posts, read 344,258 times
Default Ladies! Stop telling men to buy you drinks!

Seriously, I'm so sick and tired of hearing this!

I'm tired of young guys coming here for wisdom and guidance asking how to start conversations with girls , and all a lot of the women say is "Ummm... just by her a drink and go from there."

I read OMGosh Josh's post (Girls, I need some insight. How do you react or feel when a guy just comes up and starts talking to you?) and I was horrified by what I read.

Buying girls drinks is not only a huge gamble, a potential, and likely, waste of money; it's actually unattractive. Do you know what most women think when a guy she doesn't know buys her a drink? Of course you know! You're women (or are you?)

They think "Oh great, here's another guy who thinks he can buy my attention and affection with a drink. Oh well, might as well get a free martini."

I've met 4 girls in bars in the past 4 weeks (1 of which I had a one night stand with and 1 I'm sleeping with regularly and 1 of which I'm waiting to come back from vacation) and I didn't buy a single one of them a drink.

In fact, I insisted 1 of them buy me a drink.

Ladies: how many men have approached you by buying you a drink?

Now how many of them did you date or even spend just 1 night with?

Exactly!

STOP TELLING MEN TO BUY YOU DRINKS!

Last edited by Cyanosphere; 07-21-2009 at 09:31 PM..

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:13 PM

2,716 posts, read 4,272,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post

I've met 4 girls in bars in the past 4 weeks (1 of which I had a one night stand with and 1 I'm sleeping with regularly and 1 of which I'm waiting to come back from vacation) and I didn't buy a single one of them a drink.
Can you teach me how you do that? I'm a 25yr old virgin. Please HELP!

Especially the girl your waiting for on vacation. You camping at the airport?

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:24 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,735,982 times
I find this funny most the time women buy me Drinks and take me home. Am I doing something wrong?

hillman

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:26 PM

2,716 posts, read 4,272,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
I find this funny most the time women buy me Drinks and take me home. Am I doing something wrong?

hillman
No, your not. You know how to play the game without making a game out of it....if that makes sense.

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:27 PM

296 posts, read 430,090 times
I have to disagree. There is a certain time when a guy needs to buy a girl a drink. Buying a drink before commencing conversation reeks of airport hotel desperation. A saavy guy will be observant and buy the girl a drink during conversation, when he notices she's sucking ice cubes as a security blanket. While she's talking about her teacup poodle, Muffin, just casually throw in, "Hey, what are you drinking?" Don't even ask if she wants another, just order it and resume conversation. She'll appreciate your assertiveness. You'll know she's a keeper (at least for the night) if she offers to buy the second round. If a girl isn't interested, she won't even tolerate the conversation (normally by smiling and nodding and letting you talk about yourself; BIG RED FLAG), therefore saving the said gentlemen a few dollars and a bruised ego.

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:33 PM

1,581 posts, read 1,832,739 times
Geeze Cyan, calm down! Its only a drink. $8 tops. For your information, most guys who approach me at bars buy me a drink to break the ice. It is a common way for men to approach women and shows they have some manners!

And if a guy ever insisted that I buy them a drink, I would tell them they can try that on someone else, because that wouldn't work on me. Sorry to burst your bubble. And if you are getting laid with any frequency, it is most likely with women with no self-esteem because you have a very poor attitude. And yes I am a woman. A woman you couldn't get, at that .

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:36 PM

232 posts, read 344,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Geeze Cyan, calm down! Its only a drink. $8 tops. For your information, most guys who approach me at bars buy me a drink to break the ice. It is a common way for men to approach women and shows they have some manners!

And if a guy ever insisted that I buy them a drink, I would tell them they can try that on someone else, because that wouldn't work on me.
Wow, you expect men to buy you drinks but won't do it for men? I guess feminism and equality of the sexes was a complete failure, eh?

$8 is a lot of money. If you think it isn't, why won't you buy him or yourself a drink?

Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble. And if you are getting laid with any frequency, it is most likely with women with no self-esteem
Who cares? They're hot.

Quote:
because you have a very poor attitude. And yes I am a woman. A woman you couldn't get, at that .
What does the 44 in your name stand for?

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:43 PM

2,117 posts, read 2,650,498 times
Oh my freaking God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excuse my French, btw.

Cyanosphere, get off your warped mindset that women are the enemy and you MUST outsmart and outplay them so your precious little feelings don't EVER EVER get hurt and all your very important needs get met and blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a DRINK! Just a drink! Not a diamond ring! Not a house or a car! A DRINK!!!!! If you're so cheap that you won't even buy a woman you like ONE DRINK, then that says multitudes about you as a person. I'm not saying you have to buy every girl you find pretty a drink but if you really like a girl, then hell... you should buy her a drink!!

Rant over... for now hehe.

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:46 PM

2,192 posts, read 2,398,772 times
I concur, stop buying women drinks, and here's a better idea. Stop picking up lushes in bars and try meeting someone with character at a place where you can interact without being half hammered.

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:46 PM

296 posts, read 430,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post

And if a guy ever insisted that I buy them a drink, I would tell them they can try that on someone else, because that wouldn't work on me. Sorry to burst your bubble. And if you are getting laid with any frequency, it is most likely with women with no self-esteem because you have a very poor attitude. And yes I am a woman. A woman you couldn't get, at that .
OH SNAP! LMAO!

Agreed, if a guy asked me to buy him a drink, I'd think; he was broke, I'd have to pay for all of our dates, he probably still lives in his parent's basement, our wedding would feature bright blue tuxes, our kids would be lazy and stupid, etc. Yes, women can see your entire relationship flash before their eyes in the mere moments upon first meeting you. All of a sudden, my friend who I haven't seen in 'forever" would magically appear at the other end of the bar. I have no problem buying the second round.

Last edited by Organized Mess; 07-21-2009 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: Did you read my name? I forgot something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships