Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:57 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times

Advertisements

If he is actively looking to mow said grass, the intent is there and that is enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 05:10 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly0428 View Post
My ex (and this is why we broke up) felt there was nothing wrong with him crusing craigslist's "casual connections" or hitting sites like "Get It On", signing up, and getting "matched". He even went so far as to email the ads to introduce himself, and say he was "a nice guy, disease free". He felt that as long as "nothing physical happened" it wasn't cheating.

Me? I have a problem with it. It always felt like I was a stepping stone and he was looking for something better, or different. More sex maybe. And my thought was what if somebody DID get back to him? What would his next step be?

Yes, there were a few emails I found (on MY laptop) and some photos. It really made me feel bad, and since he has a history of cheating, I ended things. I didn't want to know the next step.

How do you all feel about this? Was what he did really OK, or normal? Did I overreact? Did I give up someone I love till my dying day because I'm a prude?
I'd say the intent was to trade you in as soon as he found a better model. He'd already moved on, emotionally. Physically couldn't be far behind. You're better off without him.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,841 times
I've had a girl string me along and drop me once someone "better" came along. It sucks and it's good you got out of it. There's no reason for him to waste your time, but since he doesn't seem to care you are definitely better off dropping him.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:23 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
My ex (and this is why we broke up) felt there was nothing wrong with him crusing craigslist's "casual connections" or hitting sites like "Get It On", signing up, and getting "matched". He even went so far as to email the ads to introduce himself, and say he was "a nice guy, disease free". He felt that as long as "nothing physical happened" it wasn't cheating.

Me? I have a problem with it. It always felt like I was a stepping stone and he was looking for something better, or different. More sex maybe. And my thought was what if somebody DID get back to him? What would his next step be?

Yes, there were a few emails I found (on MY laptop) and some photos. It really made me feel bad, and since he has a history of cheating, I ended things. I didn't want to know the next step.

How do you all feel about this? Was what he did really OK, or normal? Did I overreact? Did I give up someone I love till my dying day because I'm a prude?
I would say it would depend on how serious the relationship was. If you two agreed to be in a committed, exclusive relationship, I would consider it cheating. The fact that he was not only browsing, but actively contacting people, makes me think that he was actually looking to hook up with someone.

However, I'm currently in a similar situation where I'm the one doing the browsing. I do feel bad about it because I wouldn't like it if my boyfriend was browsing dating sites (heck, maybe he is, I don't really know). I'm only doing it because we're not in a serious relationship and I don't see the two of us being together in the future. He's the one that doesn't want to be serious with me, so I don't really think he'd even care that I browse dating sites. But I don't have plans to cheat on him. If I were to meet someone who I thought was a better match, I'd end things with my current boyfriend. I'm sure he's keeping his options open also.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:26 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,714,009 times
Quote:

If you were married there would be a problem, if not then no. Your ex just wasn't into you. And you weren't meant to be with them either.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:01 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
If he is actively looking to mow said grass, the intent is there and that is enough for me.

Touche!

Old 07-23-2009, 09:00 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:

Cheating isn't just a physical act. If your partner is even contemplating it, that's enough reason to get rid of him.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:08 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:

1) He wasn't "just browsing", he was actively recruiting sex partners. He was certainly was cheating on you given the opportunity.

2) No you didn't overreact.

3) Your *love* with this guy is misplaced. Given a bit of time and distance and a decent new guy in your life and you will look back and say (probably with a little anger) what a dumbass you were to ever had feelings for this guy.

4) Prude? Not hardly. Sounds like the guy is quite the manipulator and cheater...twisting his bad actions into YOUR fault and problem. What a complete tool. I'm guessing this guy screws over pretty much everyone in his life including friends, family etc. but described problems with them to you as being due to the other people?

Move on, this one is so easy.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:29 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
You should have put a stop the moment you found out he was "cruising" CL's personals.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:51 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,311 times
Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships