Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:04 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times

Advertisements

It worked on you didn't it, Liz? Interesting enough to warrent a response, nah?

----

Also, devote a short paragragh to your moral beliefs. Women eat that crap up hand over hand and it makes you genuine.

"I'm not too sure about Jesus but it's hard for me to believe a good heart doesn't go to heaven."

You're in, nuff said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 09:10 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post

----

Also, devote a short paragragh to your moral beliefs. Women eat that crap up hand over hand and it makes you genuine.

"I'm not too sure about Jesus but it's hard for me to believe a good heart doesn't go to heaven."

You're in, nuff said.
LMAO! Hans you woman slayer you! You are a smooth talker I can tell. You should write a book.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:12 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If I can find a permanent Stress Relief Buddy I wouldn't be on the waterfront either-lol

I hate this dating sh*T

Yeah....THAT comes through loud and clear. That's part of the problem. Maybe you should just give it a rest.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 PM

46 posts, read 60,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post

----

You're in, nuff said.
Well, I was all set to fall in love with you myself, Hans...and now you went and spoiled it...
TV&SG- don't manipulate (if you are looking for a relationship to last longer than two dates). Just lighten up and be yourself.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:53 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt the whole online dating website thing geared for people to weed out others they feel they dont connect with based on their responses? Wouldnt that imply that there are no right or wrong answers just the right or wrong person on the other end of the keyboard. Isnt that the point?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:04 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
"I LIKE GOING TO WATERFRONT ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT AND TAKING A WALK ALONG THE WATER. i LIKE GOING TO SIDEWALK CAFE'S, BOOKSTORES, AND SIDEWALK RESTARUNTS. I LIKE TO DISCOVER NEW AREAS OF THE CITY AND SAMPLE FOODS I HAVEN'T EATEN BEFORE"
Quote:
Tell why the response was lame.

You make it sound like you're wandering around by yourself, implying you don't have any friends, implying you have social problems.

You can't spell. Your grammar and capitalization is bizarre and unsettling, like a serial killer who writes his letters with words cut out of a magazine.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:05 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
It wasn't in all caps in the email. I see I misspelled foods too in the email, it was spelled Fods-lol

I hate emailing at home which was evident from my rushing and not aware I spelled a couple of words wrong.
Are you still living at home? Did you find work? Some women don't want to spend time with an unemployed guy who lives at home.

On the other hand, she might have met someone. See if she still has an ad posted on the dating website.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:12 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
"WHAT DO YO LIKE TO DO?"

Years ago I thought that they really wanted to know what like I like doing and I would say Watch TV, Sports, Go out with friends, and family, or Read.

But I then realized that my answer had to be more related to dating so tonight when I was asked this question I replied with

"I LIKE GOING TO WATERFRONT ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT AND TAKING A WALK ALONG THE WATER. i LIKE GOING TO SIDEWALK CAFE'S, BOOKSTORES, AND SIDEWALK RESTARUNTS. I LIKE TO DISCOVER NEW AREAS OF THE CITY AND SAMPLE FOODS I HAVEN'T EATEN BEFORE"

She never replied back.

So before go and fiill out a application at the nut house can some please tell me what i said wrong or what should I have said differently?
Your answer doesn't have to be related to dating. It just can't sound boring. The reader wants to see if you'd be fun to hang out with and if the two of you have any shared interests. You may enjoy watching TV, but who'd want to hang out with you and just do that? If you like sports, mention specific ones that you like to play. One of the worst things about online dating is that people talk about themselves in such general terms. Put yourself in the reader's place and ask if you'd want to hang out with someone like you based on what you wrote about yourself. This is no different than writing a resume. You have to be specific and not be too modest.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
You have to be specific and not be too modest.
And not creepy.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:28 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
"WHAT DO YO LIKE TO DO?"

Years ago I thought that they really wanted to know what like I like doing and I would say Watch TV, Sports, Go out with friends, and family, or Read.

But I then realized that my answer had to be more related to dating so tonight when I was asked this question I replied with

She never replied back.

So before go and fiill out a application at the nut house can some please tell me what i said wrong or what should I have said differently?
Don't sweat it. Move on to the next one. It's probable that she is going on a lot of dates and met a guy she liked and didn't have the common decency to write you back. In fairness though, I've talked to quite a few gals that get nothing but nastiness when they write back and turn someone down so it's easier for them to just go silent and write back nothing.

LOL...I got a date with one gal because when she turned me down I was really cool and polite about it...wished her the best. She was stunned, changed her mind and asked me out for drinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships