Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

the underlying issue, which makes this such a good post, is if there ever punishment for false accusations. apparently sometimes there is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 11:10 PM
miu miu started this thread

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the underlying issue, which makes this such a good post, is if there ever punishment for false accusations. apparently sometimes there is.
True. While I am really and truly sorry that her former boyfriend had to go through all that hell because of her, it is truly satisfying that she was punished and that at her trial, all the truths about her finally were revealed publicly. And the judge worded his opinion so eloquently. He could have just left it as a simple "guilty of one count of perverting the course of justice", but he really spelled it out how awful she was for lying and the real consequences of what she did.
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Old 07-22-2009, 11:13 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,034,491 times
I'm going to think about printing out some sexual consent forms. Do they need to be notarized?

Old 07-22-2009, 11:27 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Good. She deserves it. How dare she. . . Foul. Unacceptable.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
I was actually going to post this story today but thought people would get cranky over it so I didn't.

Now that it is however, I found it quite disturbing and as I've warned myself and others, watch out who you hook up with. It amazes me the number of crazy people I come across out there.

Also it's pretty despicable and it plants seeds of doubts in people's minds when legitimate cases do come up. I was just being told a story the other day by a friend about someone he knows he was having an affair with(his boss) and when he ended it, she played the sexual harassment and abuse card on him. Fortunately he was stocked with videos of their escapades so that went away quickly, however he still lost his well paid job.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:01 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,366 times
Quote:
Agreed, which is why the article makes a good point in stating that vicitms are always allowed to stay anonymous, but those accused are not. Here in the US when a crime is committed that is newsworthy, we blast the so-called 'criminals' (accused) pictures all over the tv stations. This is before they have been tried and convicted. So sad. At least this woman went to jail but that does not give this man his life back when society has turned the other cheek.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:09 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
I scanned the news item top down trying to find if the rape involved the infant. Doesn't look like it.

So, why the headline "Mother" and not woman.

I detect some anti-breeder schizophrenia spilling all over the peeboard

Old 07-23-2009, 12:25 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Far too often there is a reward. Full unrestricted custody and extra child support.

This case was likely an unusual exception. She was too addled with alcohol to keep her story straight.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I was just being told a story the other day by a friend about someone he knows he was having an affair with(his boss) and when he ended it, she played the sexual harassment and abuse card on him. Fortunately he was stocked with videos of their escapades so that went away quickly, however he still lost his well paid job.
If the boss was male, guess who would have lost their job?

In such cases, female subordinates usually settle for $3 million in their lawsuits.

Last edited by NotARedneck; 07-23-2009 at 12:37 AM..

Old 07-23-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
So, why the headline "Mother" and not woman.
Mother implies that she would compromise the care of her children for revenge over an unhappy relationship. Certainly, this adds a dimension to this story.

Usually such cases involve hookers, since this is just about the only time the police will apply some scepticism. So if anything, at least this prevents her from being tarred with that brush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships