Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 02:31 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,051,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala8 View Post
Insights? Tips?
They key is to either ignore them (which is the better thing to do) or fight crazy WITH crazy, which means get right back at them exactly how they're getting at you. Most people can dish it, but can't take it when their verbal assaults are given right back and eventually tend to shut up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 03:47 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,538,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Most people like to win.
True, but there really aren't any winners or losers here. Also, when two are debating, the last to post is not necessarily the winner, even though they think they are.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:59 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
yeah i noticed when someone was giving me a hard time that when i confront them, or say something smug back (i try not to do this though), the person is offended that i had the nerve to react to what they said or did.
Really??? Who??? Here? Want me and Yankee to go beat them up and send Twinkle to pop a cap in their @ss?

j/k

Old 07-23-2009, 04:10 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
They key is to either ignore them (which is the better thing to do) or fight crazy WITH crazy ...
I prefer to fight CRAZY with crazy personally .

Much more entertaining .

Old 07-23-2009, 04:12 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
They key is to either ignore them (which is the better thing to do) or fight crazy WITH crazy, which means get right back at them exactly how they're getting at you. Most people can dish it, but can't take it when their verbal assaults are given right back and eventually tend to shut up.
I have a totally different viewpoint on this. This is a PUBLIC Forum. Hence, there will be people here with different backgrounds and different views than I have and there may be times where disagreements may happen. But I think its ridiculous to come to a public discussion forum and choose to ignore people who may have views different than mine.

I operate from the viewpoint that even though we are different, there is something that can be learned from any and everyone. THAT my friend, is how people learn and grow. Not by ignoring others, but by engaging them on their views and beliefs and a civil and adult manner. If you want to ignore someone, then maybe a public discussion forum is not for you.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:32 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Blaming the victim is innate it seems to immature people. Think of junior high when hecklers gang up on the overweight pimply kid. If one person does it then others will do it so that they have affiliation with the group. Immaturity and insecurity is at the root. Adults sometimes stay at junior high level mentality.

in addition to immature people doing this, and insecure people doing this, i would add to the list that bullys do this, and others who abuse through attack, insult, and intimidation

Old 07-23-2009, 04:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Please have pity and mercy.......j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Really??? Who??? Here? Want me and Yankee to go beat them up and send Twinkle to pop a cap in their @ss?

j/k

Old 07-23-2009, 04:54 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
It's a given that they are bullies. But when other people join in it is because of immaturity and insecurity (weakness).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
in addition to immature people doing this, and insecure people doing this, i would add to the list that bullys do this, and others who abuse through attack, insult, and intimidation

Old 07-23-2009, 05:58 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Oh, and there are those who are incredibly shrill when their preening self-righteousness and incredibly rarefied sensibilities are offended, not to mention their weird obsessiveness that practically borders on OCD. In short, they can dish it out, but they sure as shooting can't take it.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:01 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,986,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post

j/k
lol. in general- online and offline. whenever i have confronted someone offline though, they usually turn red and look speechless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships