Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:05 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I really would like to see the northern lights. I want to write a book and a piece of music as well. I'd love retire at 40. Own my own ranch. My dream career would combine ranch/wildlife consulting, rural real estate sales, and operating a hunting outfitter.
You had me until you said "hunting outfitter". I was ready to fall in love. Damn it all .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You're right. Many of us are guilty of that. And it tires me, makes me anxious, makes me stay up later than I should, and I feel wired and can't fall asleep afterwards! It is an addiction, no doubt! Only if I refrain from posting a single word can I reclaim my peaceful evening! On the other hand, I do enjoy talking with some people and that does fill the void of lacking compatible people in real life... Of course, in reality most of them would be probably just as incompatible... I even have folks on my "friends" list I'd likely want to strangle in RL and vice versa...
My thoughts exactly. I'm quiting tomorrow by the way .

Old 07-24-2009, 02:15 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,257 times
Quote:
It's a question I've been asking myself a lot lately. I'm young. I should be out there chasing a dream. And because I'm not really pursuing anything I'm passionate about, I feel this giant void. Restless. I look in the mirror and see someone that's just cruising through life with no real direction and no place special to get to. And the only time this feeling really goes away is when I'm doing something I genuinely enjoy. It usually involves being outdoors, far from everyone and everything. I need to get more involved I guess. On the football field, I never felt this way. I think that's why I loved the game so much.

Does anyone else feel like they are just drifting? How do you live with it? I think about moving all the time, just to be somewhere new, but I got a feeling that this is something I can't run away from. There are things that I dream of doing, but it's discouraging when they seem so far out of reach. There's gotta be more to life than this. I certainly hope so.
My parents taught me that life only passes you by if you choose to let it do so.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:27 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
You had me until you said "hunting outfitter". I was ready to fall in love. Damn it all .
I've been known to break a few hearts. Especially since losing her...
Anyway, what's so bad about providing a place for people to hunt dove, quail, ducks, turkey, and bambi? It's not like I'd be running one of the "canned" hunt operations. I have too much respect for the animals.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I've been known to break a few hearts. Especially since losing her...
Anyway, what's so bad about providing a place for people to hunt dove, quail, ducks, turkey, and bambi? It's not like I'd be running one of the "canned" hunt operations. I have too much respect for the animals.
Sorry Tex, I'm a big fan of Bambi, but not so much of hunting . I like the rest of your dream though. Especially the part about the Northern Lights and writing. Hope you get to accomplish it.

~Liz

Old 07-25-2009, 09:04 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Sorry Tex, I'm a big fan of Bambi, but not so much of hunting . I like the rest of your dream though. Especially the part about the Northern Lights and writing. Hope you get to accomplish it.

~Liz
weren't you supposed to quit?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:07 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
I feel that way a lot also. And I did pursue my passion in terms of career. In the end, it is still just a job and left me feeling no better.

So now I passionately pursue my hobbies, ie mountain climbing, etc. I only truly feel alive when doing my non work related interests.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
weren't you supposed to quit?
She was, wasn't she?! So were you, if I remember correctly!

Old 07-25-2009, 11:35 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I feel that way a lot also. And I did pursue my passion in terms of career. In the end, it is still just a job and left me feeling no better.

So now I passionately pursue my hobbies, ie mountain climbing, etc. I only truly feel alive when doing my non work related interests.
Hence your profile name?

When I was younger, I had no interest in what my career was. I thought that I would just put my time in and I would just be happy in my "real" life.

Ah, I was so young. Now I realize that I had better find something that means something to me, if I'm going to spend much of my life doing it.

(I'm not disagreeing with your post, 11thHour, it's kind of hard to find a job mountain climbing, etc. )

Old 07-26-2009, 08:07 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
Try to enjoy each day. Life is not a destination it's a journey. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's just mundane. If you can find some joy in each of your days your life will be happier. Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships