Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 06:41 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
So are you getting tired of being a virgin yet? Trust me, city-data isnt helping your game.
I thought he had it all figured out anyway...wasn't coming back here. The pick-up artist that he revered...didn't he have all the answers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 07:31 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Sometimes I see young folks and think it would be nice to be in my 20's again, then I read crap like this and I am content with my years.

Wingmen? Why not throw a burka on her, beat her with a stick and forbid her to have friends or a life.

You dont want to wine and dine her or treat it like a date, then get mad because she dosent treat it like a date and talks to her friends.

Ever heard "you reap what you sow"?

Old 07-24-2009, 07:42 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
So I met that short haired girl I met at starbucks on Wednesday night at this pretty cool jazz club (she had a sort of artsy, beatnik quality to her, so I thought it was a good idea. Wrong.)

As soon as we walked in, she was immediately approached by tonnes of guys asking how she was, that they hadn't seen her in forever, where she's been (she was studying abroad) how it was, what they've been up to, etc, etc.

They really were male friends of her. She was happy to see them too, but at the same time, I couldn't tell if they really were just trying to catch up with an old friend or trying to pick her up.

Just not to be rude, I introduced myself to every guy that came and talked to her and acted interested and chimed in on whatever they had to say. I was trying to redirect their attention away from her and towards me, but every time I occupied 1 guy, another would come and start chatting her up.

She was just a little social butterfly that night, which is cool, but at the same time, I was hoping we could share the evening and get to know each other personally. I think only half the time she was talking, it was to me, and not some of her other guy friends.

I tried not to appear I was bothered, and decided to strike back by being social too and chat up other people there, including a few girls. I got 1 other girl's number, which was cool, but at the same time, I didn't really get a chance to really get to know my date, reveal myself to her on any deep level and bond with her.

I still got her number. Are such girls worth the time and effort to break away from their cadres of interested male friends?

If she was that into you, she would of told the guys pals that she was having a date with you and get back with them later. Yep, you got a girl and you still can't make yourself interesting.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:06 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
If she was that into you, she would of told the guys pals that she was having a date with you and get back with them later. Yep, you got a girl and you still can't make yourself interesting.
You hit the nail on the head.

People's actions are more important than what they say and in this case it's clear she was mostly interested in her friends. If she was really hot for csychosphere she would have blown them off.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:26 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
You hit the nail on the head.

People's actions are more important than what they say and in this case it's clear she was mostly interested in her friends. If she was really hot for csychosphere she would have blown them off.

Hey, that's what I would do. I would be like, "okay, nice seeing you guys! I'll talk to you later but now, I'm busy with my date." Know what I mean?

Then, he went off from her and got another chick's phone number. That wasn't a date at all, nor it was for the short hair girl to begin with.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Hey, that's what I would do. I would be like, "okay, nice seeing you guys! I'll talk to you later but now, I'm busy with my date." Know what I mean?

Then, he went off from her and got another chick's phone number. That wasn't a date at all, nor it was for the short hair girl to begin with.
Doesn't sound like much of a date. And I guess I missed if he actually took her home?

I've been on dates with women where both have happened. I do recall one time going on a "date" but she was so busy with other people, it wasn't much of a date. It was so bad IRC I left her there.

On the other hand there have been several situations I can recall where she made it clear she was with me on a one on one, and well nice to see you, but get lost.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:35 AM

Your right, it wasnt even a date. They met up at a club, and yeah he went a got another girls phone #!

What about that implys an exclusive date. Now Im older than dirt and have been out of the loop for some time, but if I were her I would see meeting up at a club as lets hang out, then when hes started collecting phone numbers, I would immediately think he wasnt interested in anything but friendship.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
On the other hand there have been several situations I can recall where she made it clear she was with me on a one on one, and well nice to see you, but get lost.
I guess thats where the buying her a drink and asking her to dance might have come in handy for Cyan. Then maybe going for a bite to eat. She may have then realized she was suspose to be on a date.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:42 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
So I met that short haired girl I met at starbucks on Wednesday night at this pretty cool jazz club (she had a sort of artsy, beatnik quality to her, so I thought it was a good idea. Wrong.)

As soon as we walked in, she was immediately approached by tonnes of guys asking how she was, that they hadn't seen her in forever, where she's been (she was studying abroad) how it was, what they've been up to, etc, etc.

They really were male friends of her. She was happy to see them too, but at the same time, I couldn't tell if they really were just trying to catch up with an old friend or trying to pick her up.

Just not to be rude, I introduced myself to every guy that came and talked to her and acted interested and chimed in on whatever they had to say. I was trying to redirect their attention away from her and towards me, but every time I occupied 1 guy, another would come and start chatting her up.

She was just a little social butterfly that night, which is cool, but at the same time, I was hoping we could share the evening and get to know each other personally. I think only half the time she was talking, it was to me, and not some of her other guy friends.

I tried not to appear I was bothered, and decided to strike back by being social too and chat up other people there, including a few girls. I got 1 other girl's number, which was cool, but at the same time, I didn't really get a chance to really get to know my date, reveal myself to her on any deep level and bond with her.

I still got her number. Are such girls worth the time and effort to break away from their cadres of interested male friends?

Obviously its a spot that she's a regular in, and you should be pumped to have gotten her number anyway. I don't see competition in that at all, and you should let her talk to whoever the heck she wants, as you did. Sounds like you might be a bit jealous. Stop looking into it and take it as dudes catching up with her. Maybe you should start meeting chicks that work at Dunkin Donuts.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
Obviously its a spot that she's a regular in, and you should be pumped to have gotten her number anyway. I don't see competition in that at all, and you should let her talk to whoever the heck she wants, as you did. Sounds like you might be a bit jealous. Stop looking into it and take it as dudes catching up with her. Maybe you should start meeting chicks that work at Dunkin Donuts.
I guess you could take that approach if you were casually going out to a club. Can't see the problem there.

However if it had been set up as a one on one date and then they focused on everyone else in the room, I'd assume they were not interested and no, there would not be a second date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships