Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 04:50 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times

Advertisements

If she is into you, does it really matter? I mean, provided it isn't Chuck E Cheese or Jack 'N The Box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 06:51 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Of course. Where do you think I live? In the middle of the cactus and the barn?

You live by a Beautiful Waterfall darlin'.....................

Old 07-29-2009, 12:16 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post

there are plenty of places where you can get an entree for less than 15 dollars (maybe ever a nonalcoholic drink and an entree) which to me are perfectly fine restaurants to take a date for dinner. there seem to be a couple exaggerators here. you can go to the cheesecake factory, some italian restaurants (not just olive garden...), japanese food, pf changs, outback, mimi's, maria's kitchen, magianno's, and houston's.

assuming you are not getting lobster are steak, it is very doable.
Um, if the entree is around $7.95--or less--and the drink is $1.50, we've just bought meals for less than $10 a piece. I wasn't considered tax or tip in my calculation. Those are extra, and not any kind of dealbreaker. I've found things at Chili's that were around that price. It happened to be a sandwich and fries, which would have been cheaper at McD's or Burger King, but I had a gift card to be used up.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:57 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Um, if the entree is around $7.95--or less--and the drink is $1.50, we've just bought meals for less than $10 a piece. I wasn't considered tax or tip in my calculation. Those are extra, and not any kind of dealbreaker. I've found things at Chili's that were around that price. It happened to be a sandwich and fries, which would have been cheaper at McD's or Burger King, but I had a gift card to be used up.
i have had entrees at the cheesecake factory and a soda which came to under 15 a person.

people are pulling prices out of their asses just to see "right".

Old 07-29-2009, 12:58 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
for that range you can get to decent restaurants with no booze after tax & tip

a wide variety of ethnic foods, most major chains, bar food, etc

however, those aren't expensive resaurants or fine dining

on the low end of more upscale places you are looking $30-$40 pp and it's real easy to get into places where you'll be paying $60 - $80 pp

for example there is a really good restaurant out here in phoenix called Kai .... it's mobil 5 star / AAA five diamond rated ....... entrees run between $39 and $52, most starters go between $14-$30, deserts are $12-$15

even if you went and only ordered the cheapest entree and an iced tea you are looking at around $55 after tax & tip

it is an amazing restaurant though

there are places out there that sell $150 steaks

it's all relative, but on a first date i wouldn't go much above that $20-$25 pp rate ...... in fact with my wife our first few dates were pretty low key and focused more on having some drinks/conversation after the meal than the meal itself

Old 07-29-2009, 01:39 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
i have had entrees at the cheesecake factory and a soda which came to under 15 a person.

people are pulling prices out of their asses just to see "right".
Yes you can eat there for less than $15 a person, but also if you look through that meaty book they call a menu there are entrees that top out at $30, with quite a few in the $15-$20 range. Add in an overpriced slice of cheesecake at $6.50 a slice or appetizers plus drinks, you can have an expensive meal there.

If people were on a budget I would not take them there. It's too easy to blow the wallet out at that place.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:52 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Yes you can eat there for less than $15 a person, but also if you look through that meaty book they call a menu there are entrees that top out at $30, with quite a few in the $15-$20 range. Add in an overpriced slice of cheesecake at $6.50 a slice or appetizers plus drinks, you can have an expensive meal there.

If people were on a budget I would not take them there. It's too easy to blow the wallet out at that place.
yeah. i am just saying unless you order food that is going to cost you a lot anywhere, you can get dinner at the cheesecake factory for under 15. you can get a big pasta and soda under that amount. its one of my favorite places.

again though like i said on other posts, i never get dessert or appetizers whether with family, friends, or on a date. the only way i ever get appetizers is if im just there getting a drink or something.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:54 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Quote:
i am not including alcohol in this.

on another board (not on cd) i said that this guy took me to an expensive restaurant and dinner was 24 dollars each. a few men said that is not an expensive meal. i consider that much really expensive! if the general consensus is that 24 is not a lot for a meal for someone on a first date, then i have never been taken out to an expensive restaurant at all in my life. my family must been poor or something, because when we have gone gone to fancy restaurants, dinner might be 15 bucks.

the gentlemen on the other board said an expensive dinner is usually around 75 per person.

honest opinions wanted on this
Expensive first date: Beach Bistro...google it & Zagat it

Inexpensive first date: Starbucks

Oh, I forgot, it's all about your date really, not the price of the meal.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:00 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,896,351 times
I still think many guys end up spending at least 200 or more. Dinner and drinks, drinks afterward, maybe tickets for something in there...for two people.

You women need to step it up dammit!

Old 07-29-2009, 03:46 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
yeah. i am just saying unless you order food that is going to cost you a lot anywhere, you can get dinner at the cheesecake factory for under 15. you can get a big pasta and soda under that amount. its one of my favorite places.

again though like i said on other posts, i never get dessert or appetizers whether with family, friends, or on a date. the only way i ever get appetizers is if im just there getting a drink or something.
No kidding. Hell yeah if people go in and eat like a PIG at a trough, you can stack up a dang hefty bill most ANYWHERE. How the heck do you put away a appetizer, an entree, sides, dessert, AND a couple of drinks???

What...you have no access to food for the next couple of days????

Holy crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships