Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:55 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
That is a hard question bc what the meal is worth (besides if it's really good food or just overpriced crap) has something to do with who you're with, right? And how much you like them?

If you're nuts for someone, $200 for the meal may not be too much at all. Similarly, if you're just on the fence or don't much care for them yet, $40 may seem like a stretch.
would you consider 24 dollars for a dinner date (per person) expensive or inexpensive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 03:57 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,896,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
would you consider 24 dollars for a dinner date (per person) expensive or inexpensive?
In Omaha, medium. LA, Cheap.

I know you weren't asking me tho

Old 07-24-2009, 04:01 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:

Total with tip? Kinda in the middle. More towards inexpensive.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:05 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Total with tip? Kinda in the middle. More towards inexpensive.
not including tip.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:13 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,731 times
Inexpensive-Taco Bell. Gas for less than a buck.
Expensive-Wendys. Gas for more than 2 bucks.

I'm talking about the amount of fuel it takes to get there.
Wendys is farther away.

Yeah right. Your first impression was correct.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:35 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
not including tip.
So...let's say the price on the menu, for the entree/meal...is $24? Is that what you are asking? Yeah, for me, I think that's kind of expensive. I sure wouldn't be eating there unless it was for something special. But I'm not a good person to ask as I rarely eat out anyway. (I think restaurants in general are just too damn expensive, and serve too much food.)

With drinks, tax, and tip, you're easily looking at around $90. Yep...that's pricey to me, for two.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:37 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,366 times
Quote:
i am not including alcohol in this.

on another board (not on cd) i said that this guy took me to an expensive restaurant and dinner was 24 dollars each. a few men said that is not an expensive meal. i consider that much really expensive! if the general consensus is that 24 is not a lot for a meal for someone on a first date, then i have never been taken out to an expensive restaurant at all in my life. my family must been poor or something, because when we have gone gone to fancy restaurants, dinner might be 15 bucks.

the gentlemen on the other board said an expensive dinner is usually around 75 per person.

honest opinions wanted on this
You must consider "Applebees" to be an expensive restaurant, then, because that's about what your meal with cost there..

You may want to get out and explore more. $24 is nowhere near 'expensive'....

Old 07-24-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
You must consider "Applebees" to be an expensive restaurant, then, because that's about what your meal with cost there..

You may want to get out and explore more. $24 is nowhere near 'expensive'....
Applebee's® Menu

There's the menu for Applebees. I've eaten at Applebees a few times in my life, and it never came anywhere close to $24 a person, even AFTER tax and tip.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:59 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Applebee's® Menu

There's the menu for Applebees. I've eaten at Applebees a few times in my life, and it never came anywhere close to $24 a person, even AFTER tax and tip.
Dang, you went through all of that?

I'm not looking at the dang on menu. I eat at Applebees, often, so I'm pretty sure on what things cost there. If you add up what the appetizer costs and the entree (depending on what you get), your bill will come close to that. The point of the matter is and the point I was trying to make is that $24 is NOT expensive. So, again, I guess she considers Applebees, TGIF's, and even Olive Garden, expensive.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Dang, you went through all of that?

I'm not looking at the dang on menu. I eat at Applebees, often, so I'm pretty sure on what things cost there. If you add up what the appetizer costs and the entree (depending on what you get), your bill will come close to that. The point of the matter is and the point I was trying to make is that $24 is NOT expensive. So, again, I guess she considers Applebees, TGIF's, and even Olive Garden, expensive.
Well I don't think she is talking about the TOTAL bill....just the actual meal cost. There is a BIG difference. You won't find $24 entrees at those restaurants you mentioned. (But I certainly could have misinterpreted her post.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships