Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:16 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

The greatest heartbreak was not a romantic one: Two friends from different circles of friends -- my male best friend and my female best friend -- met and married. We're still very close despite physical distance, but the friendships changed after they were married. I do miss my old friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 10:55 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,418 times
I am feeling much better towards my ex, less feelings of anger and bitterness. Although I can't say I think happy thoughts whenever I am forced to think of him. He was my world, my best friend, everything. It sucked to have to lose a best friend and partner of almost 7 years.

I would have wished him well if I found out he just didn't want to be with me anymore, but when all the lies came to light after the fact, there could be no friendship afterwards. There never will be either. He wants to be friends, but I won't allow it. Being friends with him and his scumbag he cheated with is more work than I care to participate in. I wish I could never hear or see him again, but we are parents so it isn't possible.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:05 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
How do you feel about him/her now? I imagine it may still be raw for those who have had it happen recently or still haven't reconciled with it. Even so, do you wish them happiness? Still hold a grudge? Don't care either way?
My greatest heartbreak was in 9th grade. Alexandria (cant remember her last name). She looked like a Roselyn Sanchez/Vanessa Hudgens and I was just so in love with her (for a 9th grader). Just as we started getting close and liking each other, her family moved away from Encino to the Carribean to start a business. Our first and only kiss was her last day at school.

That was my first and only real heartbreak.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:02 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I am feeling much better towards my ex, less feelings of anger and bitterness. Although I can't say I think happy thoughts whenever I am forced to think of him. He was my world, my best friend, everything. It sucked to have to lose a best friend and partner of almost 7 years.

I would have wished him well if I found out he just didn't want to be with me anymore, but when all the lies came to light after the fact, there could be no friendship afterwards. There never will be either. He wants to be friends, but I won't allow it. Being friends with him and his scumbag he cheated with is more work than I care to participate in. I wish I could never hear or see him again, but we are parents so it isn't possible.
Oh man, that curve in the end made it all the more tragic. You have children together? Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
My greatest heartbreak was in 9th grade. Alexandria (cant remember her last name). She looked like a Roselyn Sanchez/Vanessa Hudgens and I was just so in love with her (for a 9th grader). Just as we started getting close and liking each other, her family moved away from Encino to the Carribean to start a business. Our first and only kiss was her last day at school.

That was my first and only real heartbreak.
It felt like the end of the world back then, didn't it? Even the heartbreaks bring a smile to my face. It was all so new, so tragic. Love was so profound that the world seemed to stop spinning. Great stuff.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:48 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
How do you feel about him/her now? I imagine it may still be raw for those who have had it happen recently or still haven't reconciled with it. Even so, do you wish them happiness? Still hold a grudge? Don't care either way?
I wonder why I spent so much time on him (this of course involved an addict who was constantly on a mission). I still talk to him on occasion; but have gotten over the "why did he leave me?" feeling because that silly light bulb popped up and I remembered he did the same thing to his x girlfriend (this is my xbf, I broke up with in 2007 after an eight year run), and left her in the middle of the night after spending a whole lot of her money on drugs, too.

Do I wish him happiness, it will be almost two years; yes, I do. He made a huge impact on my life with a drug addiction that I supported (don't ask, it was Xpensive), of which, I decided to contribute the documention of his addiction to a documentary, and, after seeing the response, got another lightbulb that said, having lived through this experience, maybe I should look into educating people on addiction in the future having "been there, done it" as well as turned my own life around. If it weren't for his addiction, I wouldn't have the opportunity now, to try & help others. (yeah, could be on vacation on the Riviera but does that really help the world?).

I wish him all the happiness in the world and glad he has another girlfriend who has to deal with him now!

Hold a grudge? I can't really, I let things happen but really got the short end of everything in the end...I'll just, a, hopefully write a screenplay which will be picked up & make millions, then send postcards from the edge.

Do I care? I have to laugh about it now and make my past useful for my future!

Old 07-29-2009, 03:51 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Its been 13 years for me. I even have a heart with a teardrop tattoo over him. We were 19 and 20 years old. Lasted 2 years. We played the silly back and forth immature games for numerous years. I found out that he had gotten married and I wondered if he thought about me on his wedding day. He had to of. I found out he had leukemia and was in the hospital. I went down to see him in the hospital because they didn't know what the outcome would be and I HAD to see him. Even if it meant a confrontation with his wife (she knew who I was-had no idea how?)

I found out that he recently got divorced and text him. He said he'd love to catch up with me if Im ever back in town....

I don't think it would be a wise move. But the problem is, when you love someone that deeply, that you would give your life for, you'll always have that connection that you will never have with anyone else..

The problem is that I'm in love with someone who will never exist...

Old 07-29-2009, 03:54 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Once I'm over someone, I never look back and I lose all interest in them. I also don't hold a grudge.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:02 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I'll add another heartbreak-not romantic. My bff of 7 years and I had gotten into a nasty fight. Never spoke again. It was like a divorce..I cried for years..Recently reconnected on FB after 7 years of not talking. Not the same. I miss our friendship that we had to this day...

Old 07-29-2009, 09:38 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Well, I was used in both cases. Let's see, how do I feel? Like a big fool. But, I know they will have their day, too.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:19 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Man, I have not talked about my ex in years because it has always been so difficult for me.

He is the reason that I don't think love is fleeting, and that if you stop loving someone, you really never loved them in the first place. I have never stopped loving him in all the years that have passed since he pulled the rug out from under me.

He contacted me in 2007 and it was one of the most emotionally distressing conversations that I have ever had. We have not talked since then, but I do wish him well.

Oddly enough, since that relationship, I have developed some kind of immunity from emotional attachment. I like 'em and leave 'em - never looking back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships