Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 07:14 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,952,810 times

Advertisements

[quote=SeaOfGrass;10730577Two weeks in Colorado! Were you on vacation? Visiting relatives? That sounds loooovely! [/quote]

No vacation this time. My mom fell and I went out to help her get back on her feet.

Well actually, she was already standing by the time I got there........sorry - bad joke at Mom's expense.
She's 81 and was on a treadmill at home. She hit the wrong button to stop and sped up instead. Just like George Jetson & Astro ... RUH-RO! She's had a great sense of humor thru it all though & I'm glad I got to visit with her even under these circumstances. Thankfully no broken hips; but she did fracture her collarbone and did a nasty full dislocation of her shoulder.

The news had a full story the day after I smelled smoke (& thought it was my van). The story said Boulder & Jefferson counties' Sheriff's Dept.s were getting calls all day from people who could swear there was a fire but could see no flames. When they said it came all the way from California, it hit me just how bad that had to be.

Glad to hear you can see your Chow nice & clear, SeaOfGrass!

Old 09-12-2009, 07:18 PM

19,376 posts, read 15,217,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I`m glad to hear that you can breathe fine in Calif. Sad!

Colorado is beautiful!
Thanks! Yes, I hate when the fires happen.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:23 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,654,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Thanks! Yes, I hate when the fires happen.
Damn......I bet! I hate when that happens anywhere. It makes my heart hurt!

Old 09-12-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
No vacation this time. My mom fell and I went out to help her get back on her feet.

Well actually, she was already standing by the time I got there........sorry - bad joke at Mom's expense.
She's 81 and was on a treadmill at home. She hit the wrong button to stop and sped up instead. Just like George Jetson & Astro ... RUH-RO! She's had a great sense of humor thru it all though & I'm glad I got to visit with her even under these circumstances. Thankfully no broken hips; but she did fracture her collarbone and did a nasty full dislocation of her shoulder.

The news had a full story the day after I smelled smoke (& thought it was my van). The story said Boulder & Jefferson counties' Sheriff's Dept.s were getting calls all day from people who could swear there was a fire but could see no flames. When they said it came all the way from California, it hit me just how bad that had to be.

Glad to hear you can see your Chow nice & clear, SeaOfGrass!
Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your mom - although I have to admit, that was a pretty good joke! We both snickered at that one. Anyway, hope she's doing okay.

That's weird about the smoke going that far. The last time we had big fires, we had to close up the whole house. The sky was orange, it was raining ashes, and the smell of smoke was making us sick and headachy.

Anyway, welcome home. Your detox didn't take!

Old 09-12-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Damn......I bet! I hate when that happens anywhere. It makes my heart hurt!
And it just makes you feel so helpless. You know it's going on *right now* and there's nothing you can do about it.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:58 PM

37,586 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Glad everything is okay with your mom. Wow - 81 and on a treadmill! Good for her!!

All quiet here...another dang Saturday come, and almost gone. I swore I was gonna go out tonight, but somehow I always talk myself out of it!

Old 09-12-2009, 09:11 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,422,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Glad everything is okay with your mom. Wow - 81 and on a treadmill! Good for her!!

All quiet here...another dang Saturday come, and almost gone. I swore I was gonna go out tonight, but somehow I always talk myself out of it!
I was just relaxing over here too. I don't like driving in rainy weather, and it has been raining for a few days, so I decided to take it easy and watch a movie at home instead.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:22 PM

37,586 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I was just relaxing over here too. I don't like driving in rainy weather, and it has been raining for a few days, so I decided to take it easy and watch a movie at home instead.
Yeah me too. Actually I bought a new DVD player last weekend as our old one finally died (lot of good that $20 laser cleaner disk did me! ). And it is SO cool!! It connects to my internet and I can stream Netflix movies on my TV! Okay, not all the movies are available for it, but there are enough to make any night a movie night. Really really awesome. AND, I can watch YouTube with it as well. Man...what will they think of next.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yeah me too. Actually I bought a new DVD player last weekend as our old one finally died (lot of good that $20 laser cleaner disk did me! ). And it is SO cool!! It connects to my internet and I can stream Netflix movies on my TV! Okay, not all the movies are available for it, but there are enough to make any night a movie night. Really really awesome. AND, I can watch YouTube with it as well. Man...what will they think of next.
Yeah, Chow got us a box that can stream off Netflix, too. I like it a lot, too, but it just made his day.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:38 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,654,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Yeah, Chow got us a box that can stream off Netflix, too. I like it a lot, too, but it just made his day.
We just got this Netflix last week. It works pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.