Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 04:14 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Single means single. No women and no dating. It's a personal choice I have made and so far it was the right decision to make. Will that status change? I honestly can't answer that right now.
Your definition of single is actually celibate, or sexually abstinent. There are plenty of folks who consider themselves single and are in fact enjoying a healthy sex life.

Not that either choice is inherently right or wrong. Whatever works for each individual - live and let live.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:20 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Your definition of single is actually celibate, or sexually abstinent. There are plenty of folks who consider themselves single and are in fact enjoying a healthy sex life.

Not that either choice is inherently right or wrong. Whatever works for each individual - live and let live.
I still look though, I just don't touch!LOL........

Old 04-08-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I still don't understand the mandatory portion of this argument. If you think you're not the father, get the test. Why is the lives of others your business, rugged, nutz, etc?
My point is that it doesn't make any difference either way to me. In my state in order to get a marriage license you must have blood work done. I suppose that is unconstitutional as well? Never the less it is the law and I follow the law. If they pass something like the DNA test you and I will have nothing to say about it. They will ultimately decide if that is something they will do.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:07 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
My point is that it doesn't make any difference either way to me. In my state in order to get a marriage license you must have blood work done. I suppose that is unconstitutional as well? Never the less it is the law and I follow the law. If they pass something like the DNA test you and I will have nothing to say about it. They will ultimately decide if that is something they will do.
Well, I didn't take a blood test to get married, nor would I. This isn't big brother, ya know. Frankly, I don't have a sheeple personality so no, I wouldn't blindly follow along with such nonsense. Any way, I still don't understand why you're a proponent of such a thing. You want a test, test away. You, Nutz, whoever else can do what you like with your bodies.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:09 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Just a couple of months ago, it was 10%, now it's 30%?
Selective reading. I said UP TO 30%. Studies aren't conclusive at this point, but several have reported the 30% figure.

Quote:
Sorry, but that's unintelligible. What exactly are you saying? That if a woman can't prove paternity, then the child shouldn't get welfare?
I'm saying sluts who can't even have the basic sense to know which guy their opened their legs for knocked them up should be held accountable and support themselves. The ones that ask Uncle Sam for handouts should get a minimal level of support as opposed to women who make better decisions in life. Call it merit vs entitlement. Why keep rewarding irresponsible people for poor decisions? It just enables them to continue down that path taking our tax dollars with them.

Quote:
If she could prove paternity, why wouldn't the biological father pay child support? Oh, right, I forgot -- you are against men supporting their children, period. Which, of course, makes the question ohat ef legitimacy irrelevant.
Never said the fathers shouldn't pay CS, which is a whole other issue of paying the STATE back for the handouts they gave the mother. If anything SHE should be the one paying them back for the welfare by garnishing her wages after she's gainfully employed, not tacking those fees on top of the CS payments he owes. The vast majority of men who are "deadbeat dads" are in fact dead broke dads--the majority of which are living under the poverty lines themselves. Bet you didn't know that most men who are jailed for failing to pay CS aren't paying because they aren't employed in the first place. It takes up to 6 months to get CS wage garnishments lowered because the family court system works slower than the criminal court side of the house. By the time men get their payments lowered to an affordable level they've been tossed jail months before. That's the reality of the current system in place today.

Last edited by Nutz76; 04-08-2010 at 05:21 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Well, I didn't take a blood test to get married, nor would I. This isn't big brother, ya know. Frankly, I don't have a sheeple personality so no, I wouldn't blindly follow along with such nonsense. Any way, I still don't understand why you're a proponent of such a thing. You want a test, test away. You, Nutz, whoever else can do what you like with your bodies.
There isn't much hiding for me anyway. The PD comes to the door all hours of the night. Hey Rugged, can you fix this damn thing?LMAO......... Yeah, I suppose guys, I suppose!

Old 04-08-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Selective reading. I said UP TO 30%. Studies aren't conclusive at this point, but several have reported the 30% figure.
Perhaps you're not understanding the data you're coming across if what's noted below is true.

"A 2005 scientific review of international published studies of paternal discrepancy found a range in incidence from 0.8% to 30% (median 3.7%), suggesting that the widely quoted and unsubstantiated figure of 10% of non-paternal events is an overestimate. However, in situations where disputed parentage was the reason for the paternity testing, there were higher levels; an incidence of 17% to 33% (median of 26.9%). Most at risk were those born to younger parents, to unmarried couples and those of lower socio-economic status, or from certain cultural groups"

Paternity fraud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-08-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
There isn't much hiding for me anyway. The PD comes to the door all hours of the night. Hey Rugged, can you fix this damn thing?LMAO......... Yeah, I suppose guys, I suppose!
It's probably a good thing that you're cooperative if you're getting yourself in that much trouble lol.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:28 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I'm sure any child would agree for that being a good reason they've had no father all their lives. Personally, if my mother threw that line at me, I just might never talk to her again. "Are you freaken insane mom!!! I missed a lifetime of fishing, hunting, father/son bonding, camping, fatherly life lessons and advice because you say father didn't trust you? You are not serious! Are you serious?!!!"

Ya, play that line. See how it goes for you

I don't think women realize how many guys quietly leave the country to forgo payment. Wouldn't it be funny if said guy waited for all the laughter to subside then get up and say, "Well, nice knowing you, I have my life packed up and have a 6 o'clock plane to catch."

In reality, I to can do my job anywhere also

Glad you take fatherhood so lihgtly. You can only be a father if you're with the child's mother? I think not.

I would not have a relationship with someone who did not trust me but I never said I'd prevent him from being a father to his child. I simply would no longer be his wife. I don't need to stay with a man who thinks I'm sleeping around on him. Period. That he is my chid's father doesn't change with marital status.

Seriously, though, why would any guy be with a woman he can't trust? Without trust there is no relationship. There can't be. So why stay together?

Old 04-08-2010, 05:29 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I don't know .... how many men shot semen into the mother about 9 months earlier?!

notice how I said it would help, not that it would be 100% as well

a woman could go after a man and try to get a DNA paternity test on the grounds that one came back as not the father already - she could petition on the facts of their relationship and if it is so deemed the guy could be ordered to submit to testing ....... the results would then speak for themselves

in my world though, i'd have the woman pay for the test and expenses if it comes back false
The only time you need a DNA test is when paternity is in question. If it's in question, you are dealing with a couple who should not be together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships