Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Stay Blonde - or go Brunette???
I am a WOMAN - I say STAY BLONDE! 3 5.36%
I am a MAN - I say STAY BLONDE! 11 19.64%
I am a WOMAN - I say GO BRUNETTE! 22 39.29%
I am a MAN - I say GO BRUNETTE! 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:21 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Good luck! I hope you have more of an olive or tanned skin tone year round. White pasty girls with black hair just aren't as easy on the eyes.
From living in Phoenix to Tampa. . I have the tan in check. I think it's faded compared to what I am used to, but I will just hush because those in the North will scoff at me and throw rotten eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
I prefer brunette hair, however, Primetime did a story on hair color and found that blonds got more attention during their hidden camera segments. I think they cited studies that said blonds were perceived to be the ones to have more fun with and brunettes were seen as someone to settle down with. In other words, blonds - one night stand, brunettes - LTR.
That is encouraging for the fact that since I have been divorced and dating, I have had men tell me that visually, I am deceiving because I LOOK like I could play a great "blonde," like Chrissy Snow (Threes Company). . but when I open my mouth, "my roots come out." The total opposite of what they expect. I guess, in other words, my brains are not matching with my physical appearance. I wonder if this hurts me in some way in the dating scene. Not saying blonde's are dumb (not going to bash myself here, being that I am far from dumb or a being twit, Im just bubbly, dangit! Ha. . ) - but it's a stereotype that the lighter blonde's (maybe all blonde's?) can face, as we all know.

14-1/2 hours!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 06:22 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,156 times
The Man have spoken, DO it.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:45 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
I'd say somewhere in between. i don't like either platinum blonde (looks fake) or dark brown (makes a person look too hard/harsh) IMO. I'd say a darker blonde with highlights or a soft light brown with blondish highlights.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,339,802 times
I just went darker myself. I didn't have platinum hair though, just dark blonde with lots of lighter highlights. I'm now dark brown with reddish highlights. I hate the red though and will stick with just brown on the next visit. It wasn't as drastic a change for me though, because I had my hair dyed medium/dark brown for many years before gradually going lighter and lighter.

My co-workers freaked out a little though because they never knew me before I was blonde.

I think I'm going to keep it dark for a while. I like it and I can wait longer between salon visits ($$$$)

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. I think you'll look great.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:17 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I prefer whatever is natural.

I have this big category, where I put tramp stamps, orange tans, fake platinum blonde hair, fake boobs, and Paris Hilton.

Fun to look at, but..
I'm with you - natural is my preference. I'm made it this many years without ever coloring my hair (it's extremely healthy because of that too) and I'll only give in to this waste of money when the gray starts to outnumber the brunette

Old 07-30-2009, 08:19 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,196 times
My youngest daughter(brunette by birth) went platinum blonde a few yrs ago(when she got her DD's)...18 mos ago she went back to her roots....Sure, I am her mom....but she is STUNNING with her natural(kinda) color. Even her dumass husband thinks so.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:22 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Jeepers - don't worry about getting attention from men. My hair is naturally medium brown with blonde highlights, but I dye it blue black and I always get attention from men - all the friggin' time!!! So, if you want to make the change, go for it. I am sure you are still gonna have the guys beating down your door - after all, you have that "bubbly" personality!!!

Plus, it's just hair. If you don't like the change, you can always change it back.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:43 PM

687 posts, read 2,127,745 times
Bottled blondes eventually get that straw hair look -- very dry and crispy. This is also what happens to hair as you age -- gets dry and crinkly. So the risk of being platinum blonde for extended period of time is that you look older, unnecessarily.

Dark hair provides a natural frame for the face, and looks more luxuriant, intimating youth and vitality. Also, blue-eyed brunettes are stunning. I say go for it Jeepgirl!

Old 07-30-2009, 09:51 PM

264 posts, read 819,339 times
i have an identical twin sister who died her hair platinum blonde when we were in college...(we are naturally brunette with blue eyes)...and YES she did get more attention from guys. but, it was not necessarily the "i want a relationship with you" attention but rather the "want to come back to my place and then we never see each other again" attention.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:37 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,412,990 times
Personally, I like a sandy blond - just a hint of brown.. To me, that says fun and smart..

But, the choice is yours. I say dye it, and if you don't like it, well, dye it back as close as you can get it.. what's the harm right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships