Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:02 AM

2,765 posts, read 8,324,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
My wife couldn't cook when we first got married.

She liked to cook but didn't get into until she got into "Pampered Chef."

Now she has a ton of pans and such and cooks soooooo good. I cannot tell you how great of a cook she is. People are always bragging about her cooking.
oh lucky you that's so awesome. Must be hard to loose weight haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 10:05 AM

2,765 posts, read 8,324,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes. And what about a man that cant find a woman should learn to cook.
I would definately find that an attractive trait in a man.

I love to cook. I cook alot and feed half the neighborhood. My bf loves that I cook but, hey I work, why is it assumed that the female is responsible for the cooking.

I am currently trying to train him to cook, but it is slow going. Although my mom was a great cook, so was my father. My brother cooks as does both my sons. If you like to eat, cooking is a good skill for anyone.
It's understandable that you cannot cook 100% of the time, but having the ability is truly a gift. You're another good one!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 10:21 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Frozen dinners count?
Only the Mexican Food ones...

Old 07-31-2009, 10:33 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Nope. Wrong. He put in his eight hours. Where's yours? How much of you day is spent parked on the couch watching soap operas? That's what I see you doing on my "days off". People who have cooked for me spend all of two hours on the actual cooking. I've watched. Sometimes even less than that.

However, I appreciate it when a woman does her fair share of the work. I have a job where I earn the money. She gets to spend it in any way she sees fit. I don't ask her to work outside the home. I don't expect her to bring home a paycheck. I take care of her, and she takes care of me. It's respect for each other.
Our kids are grown now but when they were young I wanted their Mother to stay home and raise them and She did and She did a great job....

Her day started as early as mine did and ended after my 10 hours days..

It's a hard job being a stay at home MOM....And She was and still is great Wife and MOM...

I don't think I could have done as good as She did and still does with our Grand Kids... No, I know I couldn't have....

We have been very lucky to have Her in our lifes..

Old 07-31-2009, 10:36 AM

626 posts, read 1,347,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRE332 View Post
That's how my wife got me, she made the most delicious food I have ever tasted. That pretty much sealed the deal besides her being good at counting money.
What if you already know how to cook well and still cant find one?? Are you then screwed for life or is there some other domestic duty we should be learning?

Old 07-31-2009, 10:42 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,177,754 times
or learn to "put out".

Old 07-31-2009, 10:51 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,072 times
I cant cook beyond a microwave and a toaster, and have no desire to learn because I detest the entire process of it. All that work just to watch someone gobble it down and leave me with dishes and a mess. *mad*

Yet men arent a problem....

Old 07-31-2009, 10:56 AM

22,137 posts, read 19,195,499 times
I steer clear of men who choose women based on their cooking

My experience is that those types of men really just want a glorified maid or mom
to me that is really demeaning
and I want no part of such men

if a man needs a woman to cook for him
i want no part of him
i have absolutely no interest in such a man

in fact and in reality i run the other way as fast as I can if that is his agenda
to me it is shallow, it is self-centered, it is self-absorbed

(and yes, I have my choice of lovers to pick from, and always have)

Old 07-31-2009, 11:00 AM

22,137 posts, read 19,195,499 times
if someone equates "love" with "food" in any way, shape, or form
i run as fast as I can the other way
those people tend to be really unhealthy emotionally, physically, and mentally

Old 07-31-2009, 11:03 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
It's understandable that you cannot cook 100% of the time, but having the ability is truly a gift. You're another good one!!!
It is not a gift. Any adult that can read and has average physical and mental capacity has the ability to cook regardless if they have a vagina. Many just dont have the desire to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships