Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:13 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
in the suicides in my own life experience, anger played a big role.
others were not doing what they wanted
i have had worse things happen to me and did not kill myself.
how come? i enjoy disappointing my enemies so muich more. one of my great pleasures.
many do not understand who is the enemy.
matthew 10:36
Exactly......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 06:15 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
My sisters husband hung himself last night, and she found him.
Is life really all that bad, that someone makes this decision to end it themselves?
I'm so sorry for your sister. May God be with her.

Apparently, they think so. We each decide what we can and cannot tolerate. Suicide is a very selfish act.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:15 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Maybe he had a terminal illness. I'd sure choose to go in a better way, like have a Dr. Kavorkian cocktail.

Suicide rates are highest for white males. Lowest for minorities.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:17 PM

I'm hearing people blame the victim. How do we know this man didn't have some horrible terminal illness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Oh, Yankee, I am so sorry...

Poor impulse control, anger, depression, the inability to figure out a solution for a looming "insurmountable" problem, mental/emotional problems...

Old 07-31-2009, 06:19 PM

532 posts, read 1,567,400 times
It's probably more self centered to think about this persons suicide in terms of your interactions with him/her. Viewing that person as an object for your enjoyment and useage. Claiming them to be selfish because they could no longer serve your interests and may have put you into a slump. Either something (negative) is happening to you, or you did something (good) for yourself. The world as it relates to you, everything else is irrelevant. Its a fairly common viewpoint. In some places around the country and world theres a resistance to asking for help and your expected to take care of it (whatever it may be) on your own, anything else is looked down upon, or can't be understood by the majority of people.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:21 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
My sisters husband hung himself last night, and she found him.
Is life really all that bad, that someone makes this decision to end it themselves?

Sorry, Wow, For some ppl it is that bad, a relative died last month,
they did a toxocology, suspected suicide. He had been hospitalized for
depression,as well as some serious medical problems,so to him,
it was.
He was going to go through with it one way or another and did.

Last edited by virgode; 07-31-2009 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-31-2009, 06:23 PM

I'm not sensing very much compassion and caring coming out of you. This is an awful situation for the deceased and the living. It's not really a time to point fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticky909 View Post
It's probably more self centered to think about this persons suicide in terms of your interactions with him/her. Viewing that person as an object for your enjoyment and useage. Claiming them to be selfish because they could no longer serve your interests and may have put you into a slump. Either something (negative) is happening to you, or you did something (good) for yourself. The world as it relates to you, everything else is irrelevant. Its a fairly common viewpoint. In some places around the country and world theres a resistance to asking for help and your expected to take care of it (whatever it may be) on your own, anything else is looked down upon, or can't be understood by the majority of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
They are selfish (IMO), they dont see another way out the situtation that is troubling them, I cant really say. Sorry for your sister
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I'm so sorry Yankee, I can't imagine what your sister is going through.

I'm not to quick to judge. I think there are instances where it can be very selfish, but I also know that depression is a powerful thing and it should be taken seriously.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:23 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Maybe he had a terminal illness. I'd sure choose to go in a better way, like have a Dr. Kavorkian cocktail.

Suicide rates are highest for white males. Lowest for minorities.
Lol...Thanks Artsy, but he had no terminal illness.
I think he had alot on his shoulders, besides the depression, and alcohol, etc.
I have to wonder.....is suicide a selfish act, or an unselfish act?
He would have never......done this, if he was sober. Do we blame it on a selfish act, for suicide people, automatically? What about how they were, as a person, personality, etc. What if they were the type of person to think about everyone else...before themselves? What if they were the quiet type, who would do anything for anybody, but he`s not perfect?
When they decide to commit suicide, does that mean they are selfish?

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 07-31-2009 at 06:37 PM..

Old 07-31-2009, 06:24 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I'm hearing people blame the victim. How do we know this man didn't have some horrible terminal illness?
Artsy, did you NOT read the mental/emotional illness part in my post???? How was I blaming the man who killed himself? Please don't bark up this tree with me. I am the last person to accuse a victim and you know this.

Last edited by mrstewart; 07-31-2009 at 07:36 PM..

Old 07-31-2009, 06:42 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
support her as best you can.

its not her fault, even if they were seperating.

suicide is an individual action. make sure she does not blame herself. he had his demons to deal with.
its not her fault. if it were, maybe he would have done a murder suicide.
allah be mighty (or thank god), he didnt.

my condolences.

Quote:
She`s not... extremely upset, and possibly blames herself, thinking she could have saved him.
Depression and alcohol was definetly a factor, plus the fact that they were separating.
It just seems so.....FINAL! Wow!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships