Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 08:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times

Advertisements

Guess I'll look forward to part 2 as the definition can be quite elastic. Only stopping by to annoy Ronny for now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 08:40 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Default Look For Planning and Deliberation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Fellas: Do you seek a mate that is "financially Secure"?
Secure? How many people are really secure? This sounds like marrying someone for their money.

Financially balanced is the best one can ask for. Sort of similar to mentally balanced, as someone already noted.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:42 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,698,523 times
I just want a female that is goal-oriented. If she is not financially secured is ok. I just look for a female that is getting there or have goals

Old 07-31-2009, 09:22 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
The money department isn't a problem for me. I'd just want a soulmate for the "love", nothing more.

My Dad's accrued enough wealth that it's just two sons, where even if shared, it's gonna last about two generations. I also have a heavy paycheck which has taken away the need to use that reserve money.

My only problem right now is that I'm a spendthrift like my mom. My friends call me a money shredder. So I really hope my future wife can put a check on my spending. So, I'd need a money manager besides a husband manager

Old 07-31-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
The money department isn't a problem for me. I'd just want a soulmate for the "love", nothing more.

My Dad's accrued enough wealth that it's just two sons, where even if shared, it's gonna last about two generations. I also have a heavy paycheck which has taken away the need to use that reserve money.

My only problem right now is that I'm a spendthrift like my mom. My friends call me a money shredder. So I really hope my future wife can put a check on my spending. So, I'd need a money manager besides a husband manager
C'mon now... If it can last for 2 generations, your wife probably can't do much more than 1-generation worth of damage... Screw the grandkids! Let them fend for themselves!

Old 07-31-2009, 09:43 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlered chamataka View Post
the money department isn't a problem for me. I'd just want a soulmate for the "love", nothing more.

My dad's accrued enough wealth that it's just two sons, where even if shared, it's gonna last about two generations. I also have a heavy paycheck which has taken away the need to use that reserve money.

My only problem right now is that i'm a spendthrift like my mom. My friends call me a money shredder. So i really hope my future wife can put a check on my spending. So, i'd need a money manager besides a husband manager :d

Last edited by njguy; 07-31-2009 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: fixed post

Old 07-31-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
C'mon now... If it can last for 2 generations, your wife probably can't do much more than 1-generation worth of damage... Screw the grandkids! Let them fend for themselves!
Sssshhhhhh, I'm desperately trying to woo temptation to marry me LMAO

She logs in late in the night. So please keep quoting me and bumping this thread, peeps. Pleaaaaaaaaaaase lol.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Sssshhhhhh, I'm desperately trying to woo temptation to marry me LMAO
What does she plan to tempt ya with? Or you're sufficiently tempted already?

Old 07-31-2009, 10:22 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,383,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I once dated someone who was not financially secure, and it was never one of his goals to be so. An only child, whose parents were very, very financially secure. He knew, if he outlived them, he'd be secure for life.
He'd be secure for life if he understands how to manage money... And to never have a goal and just have the thought that mommy and daddy have it all taken care of?? I'll go out on a limb and say this guy doesn't know the first thing about responsibility.

I'm a man and I'd steer clear of a woman in that position. I'll take a woman that understands and accepts responsibility and the concept of earning and achieving security than a girl that daddy still takes care of forever.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What does she plan to tempt ya with? Or you're sufficiently tempted already?
Yep, sufficiently

She's nice. She works out. She bikes. She is very active late in the night (I'm dreaming right now). She's hardly seen during the day (can be a blessing??). Above all, she tempts She also comes in with a 001 binary state. Hopefully she can be turned on and off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships