U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-01-2009, 08:40 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,658,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
look at all the bold words...sounds like half assing it to me.
would you treat me like a princess?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 08:54 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,022,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
would you treat me like a princess?
Lol!! You are so funny

Leaving and SouthCity (and of course he paid for dinner)

Old 08-01-2009, 09:19 PM

8,525 posts, read 8,185,249 times
WOW.....this short post is powerful.

This needs to be read and than read again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
This thread confused me until I got to this post. What you're talking about, JeepGirl, is the sense of entitlement that a lot of women seem to have these days, right? I agree, a lot of them are very selfish and demanding, and have no sense of perspective. They're not thinking about what they can bring to a relationship, but only what they can get from it. And then they wonder why their relationships never last.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:20 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,658,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Lol!! You are so funny

Leaving and SouthCity (and of course he paid for dinner)
lol

Old 08-01-2009, 09:25 PM

oops. deleted post.......my bad Jeep. I misunderstood your response.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:26 PM

7,250 posts, read 6,628,187 times
Quote:
look at all the bold words...sounds like half assing it to me.
Spending extra moments prepping is half-@ssing it?

So the women who spend extra moments are also half-@ssing it?

You are a troll and provide absolutely no substance into this, scram.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:29 PM

7,250 posts, read 6,628,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Jeep,

why are floored by it?

What's the purpose of the date? I thought it was to get acquainted, we're just using eating and drinking as a way to facilitate that. Correct me if I'm wrong?

What are you intentions? A free meal? That seems to be your focus. The meal is secondary so who pays for whom should be secondary.
Nah, I was referring to Raena and how she acted floored when you told her no after she had asked you. Not me.

Yes, we are speaking of initial meets/first dates. You are correct.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:30 PM

Oh come on.....how many women ask?

Not very many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreams View Post
What happened to "whoever asks, pays"? That leaves chivalry out of it completely. However, I will say I am impressed with men that will pay for the first date no matter what. I do not expect them to, I would not agree to a date that I cannot pay my half of, but I think it is kind.

I think that when women feel they are entitled to have things bought for them, for any reason, is wrong. I think that when men feel they are entitled to sex because they paid for a date is wrong. Someone else mentioned that dating is not a scorecard. A woman should only dress up and be feminine for her date if that is what SHE feels like doing. Now, I'm not saying that rolling out of bed without brushing your teeth gives off the best impression, but to each their own.

I don't think it is right to believe you are owed something because you made some effort in some way. It goes both ways. But all you can do is know that THOSE people have to live with themselves every day, whereas they only bother you when you let them. As long as you are not one of those women that feel as if they are "owed" a nice dinner because they waxed some bits and put on some heels, you should be good to go

Old 08-01-2009, 09:31 PM

Jeep, I just figured that out. My bad for that.

I went back and read the post again and realized you were making reference to the OP's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Nah, I was referring to Raena and how she acted floored when you told her no after she had asked you. Not me.

Yes, we are speaking of initial meets/first dates.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:23 PM

27,237 posts, read 26,818,051 times
Quote:
Do you think guys just roll out of bed and go on a date? We take time to look good for a date too....I don't just sit around during the day and put on pants and a shirt 5minutes before a date.
I just roll out of bed. And I still get second dates. If they can't accept who I am on a daily basis, then they're not for me, are they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships