Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 02:09 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times

Advertisements

^I don't see why it has to be different here. Really. Except perhaps for the "hooking up" part. I prefer to reserve that for after actually getting to know her for a while.

And not just in bars either, since I'm not interested in women who drink frequently. I really don't drink myself. I'll go and just drink Cokes. But I've been known to enjoy going out and just shooting pool for a while--until the karaoke show began. That's the main draw for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 08:11 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I always go dutch on the first date......... it evens the playing field.
hmmmm guess that's fair. Since in the beginning it could be a dud!

Old 08-02-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I would typically pay anyway, but not because I feel I owe her. I'm just sort of old school that way. The man pays.
That's what I was thinking....like I said before...my one date didn't ask until the 5th date to go dutch.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Spending extra moments prepping is half-@ssing it?

So the women who spend extra moments are also half-@ssing it?

You are a troll and provide absolutely no substance into this, scram.
She's getting fired up....water in the hole! We got a live one here!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 08:42 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
She's getting fired up....water in the hole! We got a live one here!!!

Obviously you have not been around long enough to know what my being "fired up" looks like.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:47 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't expect any man to pay for my meal because he feels that he "owes" me something. I do expect a man to pay for the evening if HE asked me out. If I do the asking, then the tab is mine.

And sometimes, if I am in a relationship, I pick up the bill anyway, just to treat him. I don't get this entitlement perspective at all.
So how many times do you do the asking - lol!

Old 08-02-2009, 09:18 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
No that's going out.
Here, that is called "dating". Going out, on a date. Yeah....it's terminology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Here you get dressed up on a Friday night and you go for after work drinks with your girlfriends and you might then move on to another bar and meet up with some guy and all his mates that your best friend's sister met through some other bloke, ANYWAY, the bunch of you hook up. Some of the group will spend the night trying to get away from each other, some will spend the night becoming better aquainted.
That happens here too. Often. I really don't think there is all that much difference - in the REAL world. In discussions, books, maybe. But it sounds fairly similar to me. I don't think you would have any problem getting along in the "dating world" here in the states.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:19 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
So how many times do you do the asking - lol!
I do online dating...and yes, sometimes I HAVE suggested meeting. Most of the time though, the guy beats me to it.

But really, dinners out and all that, I don't really care for that much. I'd rather go out and play tennis, or go to the beach, or go on a hike...I'm a rather cheap date, I'm afraid.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:31 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
^I don't see why it has to be different here. Really. Except perhaps for the "hooking up" part. I prefer to reserve that for after actually getting to know her for a while.

And not just in bars either, since I'm not interested in women who drink frequently. I really don't drink myself. I'll go and just drink Cokes. But I've been known to enjoy going out and just shooting pool for a while--until the karaoke show began. That's the main draw for me.
Boo! Hiss! Hiss! The downfall of civilization as we know it.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 08-02-2009 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: Quoting

Old 08-02-2009, 05:12 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
I tried to read all the posts, but it's just too much for me! I do not feel like anybody owes me anything. I have no problem paying my own way. Truth told - I get all "perty and gussied up" anyway - man or no man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships