Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 01:06 PM

113 posts, read 235,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
This is off topic but I think that the fact he used to be your teacher is kinda hot lol.

Please don't flame me for this completely irrational and possibly inappropriate comment!!
NO i agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 01:39 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza986 View Post
And whoever said your too young is abit ageist and ignorant, your not too young to flirt, have a relationship or whatever you are both adults so go for it.
20 year olds are not even old enough to drink alcohol. That's because they're not mature enough.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:53 PM

302 posts, read 885,213 times
Have enough confidence with yourself to not question every move you make. If you want to be his myspace friend....honestly, I do not see what the big deal is. A few clicks, and it's all done. I don't think adding him as a friend is like pounding down his door wearing a trenchcoat and nothing else, so I wouldn't worry too much about the "message" you are sending him. You know him in real life, so nowadays it is pretty common to add those people to your social networking sites.

What happens from there is up to both of you. Yes, some men enjoy being chased, but if it is making you crazy, stop doing it.

There is beauty in honesty! If you want to be with him, tell him "I like you. What would you think about going on a date with me?" Then you can have your answer, he gets his thrill of being persuded, and you can stop questioning everything.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:12 PM

113 posts, read 235,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
20 year olds are not even old enough to drink alcohol. That's because they're not mature enough.
Actually you can drink alcohol at any age. You just cannot buy it untill your'e 21.
I think that statement you made is ridiculous considering being allowed to drive a car and endanger other people's lives at the age of 16 is okay. And being allowed to buy alcohol 5 years after that, well that makes sense......yeah you really think being mature enough to drink is more important then being mature enough to drive...clearly you do.
Oh and in UK, the age is 18 to buy alcohol. So i'm more then"mature" enough to drink. Thats a fact not a farcical opinion, like yours.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:12 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,699,189 times
Quote:
Actually you can drink alcohol at any age. You just cannot buy it untill your'e 21.
I think that statement you made is ridiculous considering being allowed to drive a car and endanger other people's lives at the age of 16 is okay. And being allowed to buy alcohol 5 years after that, well that makes sense......yeah you really think being mature enough to drink is more important then being mature enough to drive...clearly you do.
Oh and in UK, the age is 18 to buy alcohol. So i'm more then"mature" enough to drink. Thats a fact not a farcical opinion, like yours.
Absolutely correct! Jay100, you'd be surprised by how much they've already drank in their relatively short lifetime...

Old 08-02-2009, 04:15 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Default Mixed Emotions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPRacing36 View Post
Ok,I had a teacher that taught me my senior year of HS. I now am entering my second year of college and he has since then, left the school and he does not teach anymore. He tutors now in his spare time. He made me aware of this,so when I needed some help reviewing some stuff over summer I gave him a call.

Since graduation, we would talk via e-mail every once in awhile. Just about school, life stuff like that. I know we both had a strong chemistry when we were together everyday, but niether of us acted on it. So I guess you can say we became good friends. I can tell you we have that relationship where...we sort of motivate eachother in life. He is turning 26 this year and iam turning 20.

The problem is..if we ever do get together, iam usually the one that initiates it. I spoke to a friend and she thought b/c he was my teacher he is careful even now..not to be to aggressive. A prime example..he told me he had a myspace. I said well..going to add me? And he was like..ohh..hmm..well..you..add me. I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like iam always chasing him. He flirts with me...its not like iam worried that is not intrested...but he just wont ever give an ok, or somekind of sign that he wants us to be friend like that.

Iam not trying to rush it or anything..but c'mon..he can start something. I dont know what to do. Do I add him amd just forget it. Am I thinking to much about this? I just dont want to come off desperate..like I am chasing him...he should be chasing me. ppl tell me that iam forgeting the circumstances. Should I just add him and let it be that...or wait to see if he ever adds me?? I know this sounds stupid, but its really bothering me.
Do you have a crush on this guy? It seems like you like him but maybe not in a big way, and you're just curious about these apparent mixed signals that he's giving you.

I think that he likes you, but not enough to ask you out. If you aren't crushing on him, I'd advise staying as his friend for a few more years. Wait until you are at least 21 before trying to date him. The more years you put between your high school years and when you ask him out, the less weird it will be seen for you two to be dating each other.

And what has your dating life been like? Have you have many boyfriends your own age yet?

Old 08-02-2009, 04:21 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPRacing36 View Post
Ok,I had a teacher that taught me my senior year of HS. I now am entering my second year of college and he has since then, left the school and he does not teach anymore. He tutors now in his spare time. He made me aware of this,so when I needed some help reviewing some stuff over summer I gave him a call.

Since graduation, we would talk via e-mail every once in awhile. Just about school, life stuff like that. I know we both had a strong chemistry when we were together everyday, but niether of us acted on it. So I guess you can say we became good friends. I can tell you we have that relationship where...we sort of motivate eachother in life. He is turning 26 this year and iam turning 20.

The problem is..if we ever do get together, iam usually the one that initiates it. I spoke to a friend and she thought b/c he was my teacher he is careful even now..not to be to aggressive. A prime example..he told me he had a myspace. I said well..going to add me? And he was like..ohh..hmm..well..you..add me. I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like iam always chasing him. He flirts with me...its not like iam worried that is not intrested...but he just wont ever give an ok, or somekind of sign that he wants us to be friend like that.

Iam not trying to rush it or anything..but c'mon..he can start something. I dont know what to do. Do I add him amd just forget it. Am I thinking to much about this? I just dont want to come off desperate..like I am chasing him...he should be chasing me. ppl tell me that iam forgeting the circumstances. Should I just add him and let it be that...or wait to see if he ever adds me?? I know this sounds stupid, but its really bothering me.
If he were interested in pursuing anything further with you - he would have done it already! I say you should move on. If he really is interested, maybe after you already have someone else on the string, he'll come around and try to get your attention. I wouldn't add him to Myspace. If he wants to add you, he'll do it.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:

The OP and I are in the USA. Nobody is talking about YOU. Why are you even in this discussion? Put down the booze and learn to spell you idiot!

Old 08-02-2009, 04:26 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Mature enough to drink - doubtful. Mature enough to post - absolutely not.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Absolutely correct! Jay100, you'd be surprised by how much they've already drank in their relatively short lifetime...
I understand that they drink but it's illegal, for a reason. They're just not mature enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships