Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 05:42 PM

399 posts, read 554,567 times

Advertisements

Now I am a gay male who is attracted to some female. But I am not the one who is HIV positive.

I have story about my pretty much best friend who turned positive a little while back
He got the disease by being drunk, and taking an advantage by another male who did him with no condom. So he wasn't promiscious, he was a guy put into a bad situation. Though most cases are transmitted through sex (Mostly promiscious behavior in high-income countries) Me being a med major I've studied this a lot.

He has sworn to be celibate for the rest of his life because he does not want to transmit the disease to others. Does that make him sort of a hero in a way?

I asked him "Why can't you enjoy sex, as long as you disclose your status in a relationship. And if you get rejected. You get rejected for the disease not because of you who are as a person" He said he cannot handle that type of rejection so by "Publicaly announcing" His celibacy. He completely gave up alcohol, and partying. And sex forever.

We are told that sex is part of human nature. Is that really true though? I mean we do live in a civilized society. We can control our emotions how do monks do it? His story was really fascinating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 05:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Many people do the same without even having his condition. It's not that unusual. In his case I find it quite noble. Condoms are as safe for preventing HIV transmittal as they are for preventing pregnancy. Hint - quite a few babies have been born after condoms being used...

Old 05-17-2009, 06:20 PM

168 posts, read 532,010 times
His vow to remain celibate seems to bother you somehow. If that's what he wants to do, that is his choice. I have a girlfriend who was in a bad marriage with a husband who was a serial cheater and she initially chose to be celibate because she wasn't sure what she might get from him. As time went on and their efforts at marriage counseling failed, she remained celibate. Throughout their divorce and even now, four years later, she has remained celibate. That's been a total of nearly 10 years now and she's only 45. I asked her once how she handled her sexuality and she said that the longer she goes without it, the less and less she even thinks about it and now it's not even an issue in her life. I guess the old adage "use it or lose it" really applies here.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:48 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,744,746 times
He should be celibate and not infect other HIV - people... If he does need a partner he should get an HIV + partner. But I think God does not approve of gay sex,... so maybe he should just make himself happy with a nice d.ildo if he needs that kind of action... but even masturbation is a grave sin... And probably renounce GAYness itself because that got him into this mess...

So actually God wants us to be chaste. And I think AIDS is God's punishment for promiscuous sex and Homosexuality / Lesbianism. Before AIDS there were lame STD's and that didn't prevent people from sex parties, orgies, and massive blatant promiscuous sex back in the early 80's...

Old 05-17-2009, 07:53 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,177,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
So actually God wants us to be chaste. And I think AIDS is God's punishment for promiscuous sex and Homosexuality / Lesbianism.
Using this same effed-up, highly biased way of thinking, bronchitis, the flu, and pneumonia must be God's way of punishing us for breathing.

Please take your religion soaked prejudice to some other forum. Where's the negative rep button when you need it?

Old 05-17-2009, 07:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
He should be celibate and not infect other HIV - people... If he does need a partner he should get an HIV + partner. But I think God does not approve of gay sex,... so maybe he should just make himself happy with a nice d.ildo if he needs that kind of action... but even masturbation is a grave sin... And probably renounce GAYness itself because that got him into this mess...

So actually God wants us to be chaste. And I think AIDS is God's punishment for promiscuous sex and Homosexuality / Lesbianism. Before AIDS there were lame STD's and that didn't prevent people from sex parties, orgies, and massive blatant promiscuous sex back in the early 80's...
Hmm, I wonder what God thinks about St. John's skirt suits worn by men...

Old 05-17-2009, 08:03 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
I think his choice is wise. And decent, and I respect decency in others.

OP, IMO sex is part of human nature, but everybody is different. Some persons can live happily without sex, while others cannot.

I don't understand why people seek to aggregate others all the while, and reckon that all people should see things alike and share the "common" opinion/attitude. A person could go against the common opinion for a rational reason.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:04 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,744,746 times
I don't have religion soaked prejudice. I suffer reluctantly in my life for being a "little bit gay" by my obsession with crossdressing in women's clothes. So I have firsthand experience with God's displeasure over "gayness." I'm just a reluctant crossdresser who finds it TOO HARD to quit, and my life has suffered from this weakness. I quit and purged 5 times only to come back... And now I've got like $20,000 in women's clothes [exotic lingerie, 120+ skirt suits, 60 + swimsuits, etc...].

I think God has an understanding with me now... I can keep my clothes to dress up a 5' 4" sexy size 4 to 6 woman my height!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:13 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,177,662 times
Quote:
I'm just a reluctant crossdresser who finds it TOO HARD to quit, and my life has suffered from this weakness.
So you're a cross-dresser...big deal. Here' my suggestion:
1. quit beating yourself up for being a cross-dresser
2. quit trying to quit cross-dressing since its completely harmless and makes you happy. Just do it, for pete's sake!
3. move somewhere where you can be happy being a cross dresser.
4. quit the warped thinking that god is somehow trying to punish people for being gay (or for being a cross-dresser...or being a gay cross-dresser)

Old 05-17-2009, 08:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Monks might be asexual to begin with.

I can live without sex. It means nothing to me. It's not important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships