Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:35 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times

Advertisements

I've got it bad, bad, bad for a man I know. He is married so it goes no further than my imagination, but here is what all you gentlemen need to know: He is *not* handsome at all. Not at all. He is skinny, balding, wears glasses, has an overbite, dresses badly, and is short (emphasis for all you men who have brought up height issues...). When I first met him I was not physically attracted to him in the least. In fact, I thought he was rather funny looking.

What attracted me was his wit, his knowledge, his kindness. He is probably the most genuinely nice person I have ever met, he makes everyone around him feel comfortable and special. He will ask how you are doing, and actually listens to the response. There is nothing fake about him. And he is knowledgeable, articulate and passionate about what he does for a living.

Just something for all you men to think about. It's not what you look like, but who you are...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 12:38 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
So in other words he has alot of money?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:38 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Agreed. My instructor for International Standard (dance) is a short British guy who is probably one of THE most charming men I have ever known! His height would never be an issue, except for the fact that when we're training, his head is at my chest level, so I don't wear a lot of cleavage.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:48 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
So in other words he has alot of money?

I have no idea how much money he makes, and I don't care.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:49 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
I have no idea how much money he makes, and I don't care.
Relax, just joking around. GL with everything.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:53 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,098,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
I've got it bad, bad, bad for a man I know. He is married so it goes no further than my imagination, but here is what all you gentlemen need to know: He is *not* handsome at all. Not at all. He is skinny, balding, wears glasses, has an overbite, dresses badly, and is short (emphasis for all you men who have brought up height issues...). When I first met him I was not physically attracted to him in the least. In fact, I thought he was rather funny looking.

What attracted me was his wit, his knowledge, his kindness. He is probably the most genuinely nice person I have ever met, he makes everyone around him feel comfortable and special. He will ask how you are doing, and actually listens to the response. There is nothing fake about him. And he is knowledgeable, articulate and passionate about what he does for a living.

Just something for all you men to think about. It's not what you look like, but who you are...
How long did it take you to feel attraction for him?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:58 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times
Thank you Annie - I only wish it was the same for women. I had this professor in college, I was so in lust with him I could barely contain myself! (I know crush on the professor is cliche, bla bla bla) But it was not about how he looked at all. He was short, he had crooked teeth, his hair was graying, he had very bushy eye brows ... I could go on and on, but you get the picture, he was not conventionally good looking!

What I (and MANY other women) liked about him was that he was just so passionate, funny, smart, charismatic, and charming. The minute he started talking it totally changed how I saw him. He was not just this average looking guy, he was like ... I can't even explain it. It was like everything about him was seductive.

So yes, I can attest to the fact that personality does count!

Old 08-04-2009, 01:07 AM

Liz - Bailey says you're beatin' on Al again! Is that true???

Old 08-04-2009, 01:38 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Liz - Bailey says you're beatin' on Al again! Is that true???
Lol I told him not to use my real name! Gosh

Old 08-04-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Lol I told him not to use my real name! Gosh
I know, WTH!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships