Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 11:37 AM

36,014 posts, read 30,543,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
What can be done to get women more active in things besides quick entertainment?
Like comic books and video games?

Old 08-04-2009, 11:38 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,655,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
Most women have no active interests in anything besides shopping, entertainment, and gossip. If most people thought about this they'd ask themselves two of the following questions:

Why don't most women have any hobbies?
Holy crap, I have so many hobbies that an entire room in my house is dedicated just to storing my hobby things. Scuba diving, skiing (all three kinds), bicycling, kayaking, running, backpacking/camping, martial arts, renfair, rollerblading, weaving, quilting, et cetera.

Sounds like you choose boring women, so it's your fault not theirs.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:40 AM

19,399 posts, read 12,056,051 times
It is interesting how you put a positive spin on more male-oriented interests, as if women should all be into things that guys enjoy. It is women who pour tons of cash into the economy buying materials for all kinds of arts and crafts hobbies, collecting antiques, glassware, and things besides comic books and model cars. They are into running, tennis, cycling, weight training, kayaking - all kinds of sports. And fashion can be a hobby. It isn't so easy to look put together.

Bottom line, you date boring girls. And there other hobbies besides the ones you like.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:45 AM

199 posts, read 651,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
maybe complaining was her hobby?
lol!!!

Old 08-04-2009, 12:01 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,564,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Speak for yourself, OP. I am HEAVILY involved in competitive ballroom dance. In fact, I'm leaving in a few minutes to head down to the studio. I also have a 1970 Ford Torino that I take out and do 1/4 mile drag racing. I also love to travel, go to car shows, bird shows, any dance event, work out in the gym, hiking, biking, jogging, in addition to the usual shopping and fine dining. I'm also active in civic organizations. There's more ... but I think you get the idea.
Twinkle Toes - there's more to you then I envisioned as I thought your only thing was ballroom dancing and.............. busting caps .

Very cool hobbies and you keep yourself busy and on the go.

What's under the hood of your 1970 Ford Torino?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:18 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,843,218 times
I had a old girl friend who had a hobby. Drinking, screwing and making a fool out of her self. To bad she excelled at all three and with other guys. Today she is a married cheating drunk.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:26 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,988,123 times
Quote:
I recently broke up with a girlfriend who complained about almost everything that I had interest in outside her. She complained about my comic books, video games, interest in motorized vehicles like cars, trains, plains, and motorcyles, and she hated my interest in sports. It was just too much and it ended quicker than it began. Later on I thought about it and realized most women don't have any hobbies or interests of their own. Watching t.v., shopping, chit-chatting, or reading an entertainment or fashion magazine are basically all most women do. And none of those things are hobbies. They are actually things to pass the time.

I wholeheartedly applaud female astronauts, racecar drivers, cyclists, aviatrices, sports players, and others for setting a good example. Unfortunately, many (most?) women don't follow the examples and pick up on these positive role models.

It's no wonder most guys get boring questions from women like "What are you thinking?" or, after calling you at some random part of the day she says, "I'm bored. Talk to me about something fun or interesting."

Most women have no active interests in anything besides shopping, entertainment, and gossip. If most people thought about this they'd ask themselves two of the following questions:

What can be done to get women more active in things besides quick entertainment?
Stop dating empty-headed women, then.

There are plenty of women who have interests. When I was single, I met more women by taking adult studies courses at the local college. They were all fun and interesting women. What's more, because I was one of maybe three guys in any of these classes, the male/female ratio was pretty favorable.

That being said, here's my question for you. If your interests revolve around things like racing or sports or outdoors stuff, and hers revolves around things like ceramics or printmaking or whatever, does that mean you'll try to be as interested in her hobbies as you want her to be in yours?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:32 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,425,574 times
I'd have to agree. Most of my female friends have no hobbies whatsoever other than working, bar-hopping and looking for baby daddies. Does that make them boring? Not necessarily.........

Old 08-04-2009, 12:56 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,863,255 times
I agree with the OP, generally, most women do not have any hobbies. At least compared to men they dont.

I like martial arts, photography, working out, doing photoshop art and photo manipulatons, sometimes video games, and sometimes just tinkering in the garage with stuff. Women, Im not so sure what they would do, needlepoint? Sew? Make quilts?

I would like to point out that some women that I know who DO have hobbies, have the line between hobby and work blurred as they usually try to make money off of their hobbies.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:02 PM

951 posts, read 1,807,535 times
Default Generally speaking, most women don't have any hobbies

Quote:
I disagree. Competitive shopping is a hobby, albeit an expensive one. Besides, it takes a lot of effort and preparation to justify all that compulsive spending. A lot more than collecting comic books.

Ease up a bit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships