Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 02:43 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times

Advertisements

i understand where you're coming from with the "incomplete" thing.

it's probably something we all experience, but perceive it differently.
it's a hard sensation to quantify, or explain.

if you don't feel it, then maybe you've never truly been in love ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
No. You obviously need some help with understanding what I said. I never said you should feel incomplete if you aren't in love. I said that when a person is in love, they feel incomplete when the other is away. Not because the other person is perfect, but because they are loved that much, that you want to spend every moment with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 05:22 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
i understand where you're coming from with the "incomplete" thing.

it's probably something we all experience, but perceive it differently.
it's a hard sensation to quantify, or explain.

if you don't feel it, then maybe you've never truly been in love ?
I agree. Once you've been in love, lost that love, and fall in love again, you know.

You just....know. Your body reacts for you when your mind tries to do something else.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:56 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
You know that feeling you get when you are leaning back in your chair and you catch yourself just before you fall...it feels like that. There are times I feel like that all day long and I'm not even in love.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Love stinks.
Love bites.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:40 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
It's not a big deal that YOU, an individual person out of 6 billion, feel the emotion of love, it's in fact incredibly common. So talking about it is just really mediocre. It's like saying well gee today I ate, I slept, I took a ****. Oh wow, haha, how special. No, it is not, it's just like everyone else. To talk about such nonsense is trivial, and same with relationships, totally trivial. Only a girl would think otherwise. I've never sat around with my guy friends talking about that. It would be pretty lame.
Millions of people have children every day....incredibly common, right? But the parent feels each hurt and joy more than the child does. A parent frequently talks too proudly and too often. A parent WOULD step in front of a bullet for his child.
That's love.
You won't ever meet a person you can love like this...until you are mature enough to see what you can give to a relationship, and not what you can get.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:15 PM

297 posts, read 899,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
You know that feeling you get when you are leaning back in your chair and you catch yourself just before you fall...it feels like that. There are times I feel like that all day long and I'm not even in love.
Coolhand68 there are times when I feel like this as well. Some of my days feel extremely colored even though it's just another day (as in it's no different environment, still alone, things are still not going right). Yet even some of these days just feel so beautiful and colored. I have no idea why. It's as if God or somebody just picked a few of my days of my life and said "Hey, you are going to feel unbounded joy on these particular days no matter how miserable you normally are." I have no idea why this happens to me at such arbitrary, unexplicable times.

Is this what you were referring to?

Old 02-07-2010, 10:43 PM

297 posts, read 899,357 times
^ or does anyone here know what I'm talking about...?

Old 02-07-2010, 11:56 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,958 times
Heh, this is funny. I was thinking about love today.

As humans, I believe we have an innate desire in us to be loved. Call it the human condition, if you wish. We crave companionship and friendships. Some things we cannot get from ourselves. The first example that comes to mind is a hug. A simple hug from the right person does amazing things. It comforts. It reassures. It uplifts. It encourages. It congratulates. It consoles. We're humans and we are not meant to be alone.

That said, I think pure and true love is something to be treasured. It is the ultimate human gift. Can you imagine a world and society without love?

Old 02-07-2010, 11:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
its a form of temperary insanity. everybody likes it even you. its happy happy happy. unfortunately when i am happy happy happy that is usually when a truck hits me as i exit disneyland.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:58 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its a form of temperary insanity. everybody likes it even you. its happy happy happy. unfortunately when i am happy happy happy that is usually when a truck hits me as i exit disneyland.
Should I be laughing at this? Probably not. Am I? Definitely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships