Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 01:28 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Carefull MAthebanker....your ruffling the feathers of those who think they are divine!!

Don't you know only their opinion of what's attractive counts? They kinda remind me of the "cool" kids in HS...the ones that are "perfect" and those who aren't cant be in their club.

I'm glad you're happy with yourself. I agree with you that non-perfect people can be happy too!
Do you stalk me? Seriously. This is NOT the first thread where you have followed right behind me with those same exact comments. Let me tell you what - you have an issue with me - use that DM panel of yours and let's pow-wow your issues out through that. Woman up - and say it to my face - one on one - woman to woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 02:34 PM

966 posts, read 2,444,724 times
Not to stereotype all conventionally beautiful women, but where I teach I do see a lot of Fashion Institute students walking the streets of NYC as if they are on the proverbial catwalk. It's tragic in many cases. They look so thin, unhappy, and more than a bit paranoid.

By the same token, here in the proverbial Big Apple, I see a lot of unhappy, angry women of size, ready to take you out if you look at them the wrong way.

So, go figure, maybe physical size or physical beauty has nothing to do with happiness. Call me a romantic, call me a mystic, but I sincerely believe it's the spirit inside the person, when it is allowed to radiate out, that truly matters.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:03 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala8 View Post
So, go figure, maybe physical size or physical beauty has nothing to do with happiness. Call me a romantic, call me a mystic, but I sincerely believe it's the spirit inside the person, when it is allowed to radiate out, that truly matters.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Old 08-05-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself!
Then what was the whole point of this thread?

Initially, you were attempting to make this about looks VS happiness - a dagger to those who are head turners to say, "Hey, well, poo on you, you are a head turner, but I have one up on you" - you guaranteed it, remember? Not about the person that someone is within and the blessings that they create for themselves. . . .

You have just made this entire thread null and void of any purpose whatsoever from your original post to the one above.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post

Initially, you were attempting to make this about looks VS happiness - a dagger to those who are head turners to say, "Hey, well, poo on you, you are a head turner, but I have one up on you" - you guaranteed it, remember? Not about the person that someone is within and the blessings that they create for themselves. . . .

You have just made this entire thread null and void of any purpose whatsoever from your original post to the one above.

Do I need to get you a teddy bear and a sucker? Because you're really sounding whiny. Heaven forbid I make a comment on someone else's post, because I think they nailed it on the head. I never said my views were THE ONLY views, I was merely agreeing to the fact that another person said exactly what I was trying to say in different words.

I'm not here to argue with you. I'm sorry if it comes across that way, but really, you don't see me bashing on threads that you start, do you? Get a life!

Old 08-05-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Do I need to get you a teddy bear and a sucker? Because you're really sounding whiny. Heaven forbid I make a comment on someone else's post, because I think they nailed it on the head. I never said my views were THE ONLY views, I was merely agreeing to the fact that another person said exactly what I was trying to say in different words.

I'm not here to argue with you. I'm sorry if it comes across that way, but really, you don't see me bashing on threads that you start, do you? Get a life!
Please DO bash in threads that I create. Get familiar w/ me and you will realize that I thrive on it. It inspires me to come back more often. It makes me tingle.

Whiny? *giggles* I am so pleased that I am like sand in your underwear.

I call it as I see it.

What Nala stated and what you stated are two very different things from your original post.

So I wonder, about that guarantee. . how do you plan to fulfill on that?

Can you give some loaded examples of your luck that would make you luckier than every other member on CD?

Sucker? Sure. Grape, please. Teddy bear. . absolutely. . do I get my pick on WHO I would like as my teddy bear?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Please DO bash in threads that I create. Get familiar w/ me and you will realize that I thrive on it. It inspires me to come back more often. It makes me tingle.

Whiny? *giggles* I am so pleased that I am like sand in your underwear.

I call it as I see it.

What Nala stated and what you stated are two very different things from your original post.

So I wonder, about that guarantee. . how do you plan to fulfill on that?

Can you give some loaded examples of your luck that would make you luckier than every other member on CD?

Sucker? Sure. Grape, please. Teddy bear. . absolutely. . do I get my pick on WHO I would like as my teddy bear?
This is the first rational post I think you've had in here all day. Just quit thinking you're superior over everyone in here, and we'll get along just fine

Old 08-05-2009, 03:38 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,149,724 times
Quote:

I'm curious as to why you feel the need to defend those head turning women? Do you really feel that women like Paris Hilton and Halle Berry need protection from the women who are content with their less than perfect looks? And they attract totally different sorts of men and friends, so have completely different social territories. What's the big deal here?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
This is the first rational post I think you've had in here all day. Just quit thinking you're superior over everyone in here, and we'll get along just fine
I could not care less to get along with you. I am who I am. . whether you like it or not. Your issue, not mine. So chew on it.

So again. . . since you side-stepped the issue. . .

About that guarantee. . how do you plan to fulfill on that?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I'm curious as to why you feel the need to defend those head turning women? Do you really feel that women like Paris Hilton and Halle Berry need protection from the women who are content with their less than perfect looks? And they attract totally different sorts of men and friends, so have completely different social territories. What's the big deal here?
Defend? NO.

Curious as to why someone would throw out a guarantee? Absolutely.

After all, Miu - she is also "guaranteeing" that she is luckier than you are.

You do not write a check that your @ss cannot cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships