Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 10:22 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You know the ones....

They are in the room but the jokes fly over their heads.

They just don't get anything.

Personally I like to be able to make people laugh but when I meet the ones that don't even smile it scares me.

Have you ever met someone like that?
I installed a skylight in my apartment... the people who live above me are furious! I swear, they have no sense of humor either. It seems like there are a lot of people out there like that..

One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said "Didn't you see the stop sign." I said "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read." He didn't even crack a smile... for some reason though, the ticket seemed awfully high.

My favorite to do is this: Go into a fast food restaurant, one with the value meals numbered, look for the last meal on the board.. Say they only have 12 choices.. I always order a number 14. It always amuses me at how long the cashiers will sit there and look at the computer trying to figure out exactly what a number 14 is.

But really, most of the time I meet someone that doesn't have a sense of humor, I just screw with them a little; ask them what the square root of pi is, or.. hand them a postcard with a picture of the earth on the front. On the back write, "Wish you were here!"

Still, I understand them completely though, as I have absolutely no sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 10:24 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
75% of the people I used to know have no sense of humor or out of rudeness chose not to laugh when I was being silly.
84% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

(I will learn how to use the multi-quote thing eventually...)

Old 08-07-2009, 07:11 AM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Yes I have met someone without a sense of humor,right here on this forum last night as a matter of fact.Seems some are whiners who can't take a little razzing and who are too serious about themself.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:19 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Yes I have met someone without a sense of humor,right here on this forum last night as a matter of fact.Seems some are whiners who can't take a little razzing and who are too serious about themself.

Can we guess?

Old 08-09-2009, 02:44 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,644 times
My ex thought he was extremely funny, but our senses of humor just didn't click. When he started joking, it was like everything out of his mouth was a joke. Add to the the fact that he always chose to poke fun at me when he KNEW I was in a bad mood, or running late, or dealing with the kids. I just say there's a time and a place, and for me it's not ALL the time, nor in midst of a crisis. I'm more thoughtful, and my sense of humor is more ironic. Most of the laughs I get are from things that weren't necessarily meant to be funny.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:49 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,644 times
Quote:
Maybe they just didn't think you were funny?

Old 08-09-2009, 02:52 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,070,116 times
One of the reasons my husband and I have been together so long is we share the same sense of humor.

It's taking us through many problems.

Guys, you can be funny and get women. Ladies like to laugh. Witty men are always a turn on...(not guys who THINK the Three Stooges are funny...real satire and wit...)

Old 08-09-2009, 02:53 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
I've met a lot of people with a sense of humor, and far fewer with the ability to laugh at themselves.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:09 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
One of the reasons my husband and I have been together so long is we share the same sense of humor.

It's taking us through many problems.

Guys, you can be funny and get women. Ladies like to laugh. Witty men are always a turn on...(not guys who THINK the Three Stooges are funny...real satire and wit...)
Oh...wise guy..heh!?!

Old 08-09-2009, 03:24 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,070,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Oh...wise guy..heh!?!
LOL.
Actually I think men dig them but women find them very annoying...!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships